Scary Stories

Story #7 | The Child On The Road

I open the car door for my daughter, Merida . "Daddy? why do I half to go to grammas?" she asks me.

"Because I half to go visit your mommy, and your too young to go." I told her.

"Ok daddy..." When we get to the street that sections off grandmas street and the apartments, a speeding truck rolls by. I feel it penetrate the car, but I don't care. I protectively cower over Merida, trying to make her not get hurt.

I feel warm stickiness over my hands and shirt, and I realize its blood. But when I look down, I notice its not my blood, it's Meridas."Merida?? honey?" I say while sobbing.

"Daddy?" she whispers. She then moves and coughs up blood.

"Honey......" I say while moving her now sticky hair from her face.

"Daddy? mommy went to heaven right?" she whispers again, tears coming down her face. I nod.

"I see her daddy." and with that her eyes closed and my little angel died.

"No......" I yell as I sob over her body. I feel the car jerk and then I'm pulled out.

~+~+~+

"I don't even remember the car ride here." I tell my doctor.

"Oh we'll you're not that hurt, just go home..... and I'm sorry for your.....loss." I walk out of there and my mom drives me home.

-2 days later-

I just came back from meridas funeral. I gave her my spot by my wife, that way she could be with her mommy. I thought it was a good choice, I mean she was only.... only 6.

I start sobbing while thinking about it. Through my tears I see a little girl on the side of the road. All alone. I get a closer look at her face, she looks just like Merida.

I stop the car and roll down the window, not minding the coldness of the rain pouring down. "Do you need help?" I ask the little girl. She nods and then gets in the car. I look at her and she really, really looks like Merida.Even though its sounds silly I have to ask her.

"Merida?" She turns toward me and smiles.

"Yes daddy?". It's Merida... my little girl.

"Merida.. how?" I say as I hug her and then kiss her forehead.

"I'm here to save you daddy".

"Save me?"

"Yes, you're gonna die and then I'll sneak you into heaven. Oh, mommy says she misses you."

Suddenly I have a bad feeling. "Heaven? are you sure? What does it look like?"

"It's red and has fire and has mommy and weird looking people." I close my eyes and when I open them, Meridas at my side.

I'm in a place of fire and man does it burn.

"Welcome to hell.'