10 | shawarma shenanigans

1 0

shawarma shenanigans

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cara's eyes opened to darkness. She rolled over to face the window in her room, and the moon stared back at her in all its white glory.

Groaning, she stretched out her muscles and stood up. Checking the time showed her that it was now close to midnight, but the silence that greeted her when she opened her bedroom door told her that no one was awake.

She knew that sleep had been taken from her the moment she opened her eyes, so she tried to find her way to the kitchen, ideas of a cookie in her mouth making her stomach grumble.

But cookies didn't greet her when she found it ten minutes later(she wasn't kidding when she said it was a maze), a dark, shorter-than-her figure did.

"Tony?" She guessed, and felt her hand along the smooth wall beside her for a light switch. When she found it, she flipped it, and light illuminated the room, and, more importantly, the image of Tony mid-crunch on a handful of chips. She raised an eyebrow, and smirked. "Don't eat too much, Buzz, you might not fit into your suit."

He held up a finger. "Actually," he said, "I am fully capable of designing a new one if I need it. I've got my helpers." He spoke to nothing in particular, "J.A.R.V.I.S., you up?"

"Yes, sir," came a male, accented voice, resonating throughout the walls.

Cara jumped. "What the hell is that?"

It was Tony's time to smirk. "I think you mean, 'who'. And to answer your question, it's J.A.R.V.I.S."

"You've got yourself a ghost in the tower, huh?" Cara teased, moving herself to sit on the counter.

He shakes his head sharply. "That was very offensive, you should apologize to him."

She was taken aback. "I am not apologizing to that thing."

"That is okay," the voice spoke again, as calm as it was before. "It's nice to meet you, Cara."

"Okay, this is creepy. Can't you, like, put him to sleep?" She asked, feeling as if that thing could read her every secret.

"J.A.R.V.I.S., take the rest of the night off." Tony sips a dark liquid--probably alcohol--out of a short glass calmly.

"Seeing as I am not capable of taking the night off, I will simply...plug my nonexistent ears. How does that sound, Mr. Stark?" Cara shivered when the voice answered.

"Dandy," Tony replied, and then turned to the teenager perched on the kitchen counter. "Why're you up this late?"

She shrugged. "I was exhausted, and then I just woke up." She glanced at him. "I won't be able to go back to sleep for the rest of the night. What about you?"

"I haven't got a good night's sleep in years," he answered vaguely, and then snapped his fingers. "I know what we can do."