Complications

Complications

19th September 2019 ( 18 weeks and 6 days )

Matthew's POV

Today I'm taking some time off work, to go the the ultrasound with Sums, hopefully we can find out the sex of the twins. The back rooms to the house are just about complete, there's just a few minor details that need to be done. It's looking really good, and has turned out better than what I had imagined. The two bedrooms that have been added, will become Brax and Jace's, so the newest set of twins can be closer to our room. 

"We'll have Brax's room shifted down by the time you get back." Nate said as I walked through the new games room, Adam had finished off painting his new room, so all that needs to be done is moving all of his furniture and toys in.

"Yeah, thanks I'm sure he'll get a shock when he gets home and finds his room empty." I chuckled, we kinda left that little detail out to him and Jace, but I know they won't care, these rooms are a little bigger. 

"So, you gonna tell us what you're having, I've got my money on it, ya know." Kaleb said as he walked out of Jace's completed room, which we all had just moved all his stuff into.

"Of course, just be ready to pay up, when you get it wrong." I grinned, there always has to be a bet with these guys.

"Not gonna happen, it's definitely two boys." he smirked and Sums whacked him across the head as she walked in, holding her large belly and looking as beautiful as ever.

"You're all wrong, it's two girls this time." she giggled and poked her head through Jace's door.

"This looks awesome guys, he'll love it." she smiled at us and moved over to me slowly, I'm surprised she's still walking, her back has been killing her the past week or so. 

"He better, because I'm not shifting all his crap again." Nate whined, Jace does have a lot of toys and stuff, which didn't look like it, until we packed it up and bought it down here, Brax's even worse.

"Stop whinging, it's time for me to steal my husband, and there's lunch on the kitchen bench when you guys get hungry." she smiled, one good thing about being home while working, she makes us lunch when she's home, even though we tell her not too.

"See ya later." I waved and then led Sums out to the car, where I helped her in and then drove to the hospital. It would be nice to find out what we are having, so I can get the rooms all organised and set up. 

"I hope we don't have to wait long." Sums said to me as we took our seats in the waiting room, she's looking really uncomfortable, I really don't feel like waiting either but with the amount of people in this room, it might a be long one.

"Can't you tell them to put you through first? you work here." I asked as I passed her the magazine she was trying to reach.

"It doesn't work like that, Babe, I'm a patient, not staff today." she chuckled, and flipped through the pages. 

"You think they're both girls?" I asked her and rubbed my hand over her protruding bump.

"Yep, I know that won't still even out the numbers, but two little girls would be nice." she smiled as she moved my hand over to where the babies were kicking. I absolutely love that feeling, I'm sure gonna miss it, lucky I did get the snip, I think six kids is definitely enough now.

"What do you think?" she asked and moved a bit in the chair, I looked down at her belly, that question as been running through my mind a lot. 

"I don't know, Babe, but I do want a little princess in the house." I smiled at her, yep, and if we do get a daughter, she's gonna be a daddy's girl, that's for damn sure.