Chapter 12: Reminder

"Coming!" Anna yells, running down the stairs at the doorbell. She swings the door open to reveal Kira. "Hey Kira."

"Anna, hey! Is Scott home?" Kira inquires excitedly.

"I think he's on his way back from work. You could wait in his room if you want." Anna suggests.

"Great." Kira walks in and Anna closes the door.

"Can I ask you something?" Anna asks shyly.

"Sure." Kira chirps as they walk up the stairs to Scott's bedroom.

"I've been thinking about La Iglesia." Anna admits as Kira sits on Scott's bed. "And I realized something, and I don't really know how to interpret it." She starts to pace nervously. "And I don't really know what to do. Confront the problem or just let it slide."

"You should totally confront it." Kira nods. "Like really confront it."

"You don't even know what I'm going to say!"

"It's about Liam, right?" She smirks.

"No." Anna blushes.

"Oh."
 Kira looks down, embarrassed.

"Ever since Scott broke out of whatever Kate did to him, he's been looking at me differently, like I'm this different person. And I can't really talk to Hannah about this cause she knows nothing and I thought since you're his girlfriend you might know something?" Anna asks hopefully.

"What did he say before you got in the van?" Kira questions.

"He asked why I said what I said. When berserker Scott was about to kill me, he asked why I chose those words to be my last." Anna explains, dropping on the bed next to Kira.

Kira's expression darkens and she looks down. "Oh no. I did something, didn't I? He probably hates me or something and we were just starting to get along—"

"He doesn't hate you." Kira tells her softly. "It's just... You probably remind him of someone."

"Remind him of who?"

"It's what she said before she died." Kira says vaguely.

"Who?"

"She." Kira stresses. When Anna's expression doesn't change, the kitsune sighs. "Allison." Anna's mouth drops in surprise. "She told him that everything was ok and that she loved him. Those were her last words."

Anna processes the information and jumps at the sound of footsteps walking up the stairs. 
Scott appears in the doorway, looking at the girls, confused. Anna runs up to him and hugs him tightly. "I'm sorry, Scotty." She mutters before letting go and going back to her room.

When she closes the door, her phone buzzes from on the table. When she catches a glimpse of the sender of the text, she smiles shyly, a blush coming to her cheeks.

I know this is short, but it's important to the parallels I've been setting up, I think. Do you like the comparison between Allison and Anna? 

Hope you enjoyed, guys! Remember to comment with anything, really. Love you :)!