Chapter 5: Explanation

Anna sits at a table nervously as Scott and Stiles try to figure out the best way to tell her about what is really lurking in the shadows. 

"How about you just start at the beginning?" Anna suggests timidly.

"Yeah, that's actually a good idea." Stiles agrees, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Everything started sophomore year." Scott starts. "Remember the body found in the woods?"

"Laura Hale?" Anna clarifies.

"Yeah, Derek Hale's sister." Stiles nods.

"Well, Stiles thought it was a good idea to go into the woods, at night, and try to find the body." Scott tells her.

"I remember. Stiles snuck onto the roof and you grabbed a baseball bat to protect us." Anna deadpans.

"Granted, not my best plan." Stiles sighs.

"We went into the woods and Stiles was obviously caught by his dad." Scott continues.

"Obviously?" Stiles exclaims.

"You can't lie, Stiles." Scott reminds him. 

"You really can't." Anna agrees.

"Anyway, I was left in the woods. I stumbled upon Laura and a big wolf/monster bit me. It was the Alpha, which is a werewolf. There are three ranks: Alpha, beta, omega. I'm an Alpha, we have red eyes. Usually, werewolves have to steal the Alpha status by killing another Alpha." Anna stiffens at the mention of killing. "But I didn't cause I am a True Alpha. Betas have blue or yellow eyes and belong to a pack. Blue eyes means that the wolf killed someone innocent. Omegas are wolves without a pack. For a while, I refused to join Derek's pack, making me an omega, but Liam was bitten by me and he accepted being in the pack--"

"Liam's a werewolf?" Anna asks, wide-eyed.

"I don't think she knew, Scott." Stiles whispers though Anna could clearly hear. 

"Yeah. He was going to fall off the hospital roof because of a windigo, a cannibalistic creature and I couldn't grab him with my hands, so I bit him." Scott cringes at how bad it sounds. 

"Why didn't he tell me?" She mutters, forgetting about Scott's super-hearing.

"He's probably a little scared." He suggests.

"How did you hear me?"

"Super-hearing comes with being a werewolf." Scott shrugs. "Also super-smelling and healing. I can also take pain away from others. On full moons, new betas go out of control but Liam will learn." Anna nods, taking in the information. 

"Anyway, after Scott was bitten, he met Allison." Stiles tells her. "She was his anchor when he was learning. Derek helped teach him. Turned out, the Alpha was Peter, Derek's uncle. He was trying to kill everyone who helped burn the Hale house down with the family inside."

"I mean, I sort of get it." Anna shrugs.

"Wha-- He killed people!" The boys exclaim. 

"If someone killed me, what would you do?" She asks.

"Track that person down and rip him apart." Scott responds immediately. Anna raises her eyebrows. "Oh."

"But he killed his niece!" Stiles points out. 

"I thought Derek killed Laura." Anna says.

"No, we sort of pinned the murders on him when we were trapped in the school." Stiles sighs. "But when Peter got ahold of Kate Argent, Allison' aunt who set the fire, he killed her. Derek also wanted revenge, so he killed Peter."

"Then, Derek went around and bit four people: Jackson, Isaac, Erica and Boyd." Scott explains. "Isaac, Erica and Boyd were part of his pack while Jackson turned into something different."

"A kanima." Stiles tells her. "Sometimes the shape you take reflects who you are inside. So he turned into a giant homicidal lizard."

"Yeah, and that kid, Matt, controlled him." 

"Ok... So what happened to Erica and Boyd? They died, right?" Anna asks.

"We're getting there." Stiles shushes her. "Gerard, Allison's grandfather, came to town and killed Matt to get control of the kanima. Then Derek unwilling bit him but Scott, being smart for once, made sure the bite wouldn't take."

"So, the bite sometimes doesn't work?"

"Yeah, it either takes or you die."

"You could've killed Liam?!" She exclaims.

"I had to!" Scott defends. 

"Still telling the story here!" Stiles yells. Both siblings quiet down and he continues. "Then Erica and Boyd were taken by a pack of Alphas. Isaac, Derek and Peter spent an entire summer looking for them."

"I thought Derek killed Peter." Anna squints.

"Oh, yeah. Lydia brought him back to life." 

"Why?"

"He made her, from beyond the grave." Stiles nods. 

"So then we had to fight the Alpha pack as well as this dark druid or a Darach. She was killing all those kids so she could kill the Alpha pack. It was the english teacher, Ms. Blake." Erica and Boyd got caught in the battle and died." Scott says. 

"We also found out that Lydia is a banshee. She can hear voices and is drawn to dead bodies. Then, we had to turn Malia back into a human. She was in a car accident when she was younger and she turned into a coyote."

"She's a were-coyote?" Anna clarifies.

"Yeah! And Kira is a thunder kitsune or a fox." Scott tells her. 

"What are you?" She asks Stiles.

"Human." Stiles says. "But, for a while, I was possessed by an evil Japanese demon spirit thing. The Nogitsune sort of..." Stiles trails off, looking sad.

"What?" Anna questions. "It did what?"

"It kidnapped Lydia and when we went to get her..." Scott gets choked up.

"He killed Allison." Stiles admits quietly. Anna's jaw drops.

"I-I thought it was a mugging." She breathes. 

"He also killed Aiden." Stiles adds.

"I-I'm so sorry." Anna whispers.

"It's not your fault." Scott lets out a dry laugh. "But now we have even more problems."

"One-hundred seventeen dollars were stolen from Peter and the money is being used to pay assassins. Assassins that have a copy of a deadpool with even supernatural creature in Beacon Hills on it." Stiles explains. "The Benefactor, the person who is giving out the money, set up the deadpool."

"So, assassins are coming after everyone I know." Anna deadpans.

"Yeah." Stiles nods. 

"Liam, Scott, Kira, Lydia and most of Beacon Hills' population."

"Correct." Scott says.

"We're all screwed."

HEY!! So I am going start posting for this book and I am super excited! I have it all mapped out and written already. Hope you enjoyed! And don't be afraid to comment on stuff! It lets me know what to do and not to do in the future. Love you!!