Chapter Five

"Hey Samus!" I said as I walked into The Beacon. I was so excited for today. I was going to finally ask Lizre out on a date. It's taken me so long to finally do it, but since I haven't seen Gretchen in a while, I thought now was the time for me to move on. I was going to buy Lizre her favorite drink and she wouldn't have to pay me back. After that, we would go up on top of her favorite rooftop and watch the sun set. She loved watching the sun set. How do I know that? Because I like, no, I love her.

"Have you seen Lizre yet?" I asked him. He was shaking his head and then when he looked at me, his face dropped and lost all of it's color. "Samus?" I asked him as I turned around. 

There was a poster sitting on the wall opposite me. It was a 'Wanted' sign.

WANTED!

ELIZREBETH PORANGO

REWARD: 100,000PFS

ALVIE

"What? What did she do?" I said out loud. I looked at Samus but he was still just staring at the sign. On the one day I wanted her to be here, she wasn't. Is she already arrested? What happened to her? Just then, I heard the front door open and two guards walked in. They're looking for Lizre's accomplices, and I was one of them, even though I probably did nothing. But I'm not talking any chances. I jumped over the bar and his under it, with Samus protecting me.

"Whaddya want boys?" Samus asked the guards. What? Why is he acting so casual? He does know that he can be arrested without a trial. That's what happens to Fragments, apparently.

"We know that she comes here, Samusan," the guards exclaimed. They knew about Lizre? What is happening?

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Samus lightly answered. The guards were silent for a second, and then I saw two hands reach over the counter and each one grabbed one of Samus' arm. He was pulled around the counter.

"You are under arrest for helping a wanted criminal," One of the guards said. I jumped up out from  under the counter and grabbed a knife. I aimed it for one of the soldier's arm. I threw it and it struck him. Both of the guards were quickly distracted so I took that advantage and jumped over the bar. I went over and punched the unharmed one in the nose. I grabbed Samus' arm and ran with him out of The Beacon. We then heard an alarm and screaming from behind us.

I led Samus into the alleyway that would lead to the market. As I opened the gate to lead in, Samus stopped me.

"Jordy, what are you doing? Now both of us are wanted. Your dad, your mom-" Samus started to say as I cut him off.

"Are worth nothing compared to you, Sam. I won't let them arrest you. Now, we are going to find Lizre before these guards do, okay?" I told him. I pushed him and shortly followed after. Once we were in, we ran to a random booth. I did not want to pay the doctor for hiding us. I found out what the payment is last year, and it's not appropriate at all. We apparently walked into the housing booth, what the irony. I met the owner of the booth a couple of months ago, and she was really nice. Her name was Stepharie. She was tall and redheaded, kind of like Trechren. 

Trech. I haven't seen him in such a long time. I remember how Trech and I would run around the Intact yards like we were the kings. Not anymore. I heard that he is the Prince's right-hand man. So he must know about my lie. If he doesn't, I would be so surprised. Apparently, there is a marriage coming up at the palace, and Trech is going to be the groom. I wonder who he's marrying. I can hear him calling my name.