Chapter One: "First Meeting"

Chapter One: 

--First Meeting- 

"Prima impresie este intotdeauna cheia ...Se duce la viitor..." 

( "The first impression is always the key ... it goes to the future..." ) 

September 3rd, 1745 

(4 Years Prior...)

It was nearly noon when Zackary's mother announced she was going to the market for more food. Her first-born and eldest son, Zackary Anderson, being the sweet boy he is, offered to carry all she could afford. Which wasn't much, they were poor. Zackary's father, once a very successful merchant, had perished after a long terrifying week of illness. 

His mother nodded. Her petite form was much too weak to carry much anyway. Her silver eyes were both proud and sad. She missed her husband terribly but she had three children to raise. She would have to move on and marry or risk starving herself and her children, something she knew she could never bring herself to do. 

Her skin pale was mirrored on Zackary, but his light platinum hair was the opposite of her dark coils. He had taken his hair and dark eyes from his father and though it pained her to see a replica of her husband in Zackary, she knew he was a good boy and couldn't bear to separate herself from him. She was using her son's image as a balm for her pain. 

In all but his name and skin tone, Zackary looked as his father. Before his father's untimely death, they had both been the same height, a few good inches past six feet while still retaining a lean, slim figure. He had taken another characteristic from his father as well: he was a werewulf. He became a large silver one with dark eyes that had both rivaled and beaten the night's darkest shade. 

Zackary was an honest boy; he caused no harm to anyone or anything. I was said to his parents by the doctor that though Zackary would grow strong and tall, he could never harm a soul.  

The doctor's word had kept, even though he was picked on for his family's financial standing after his father's death and mocked on being so tall his bride would have to use a ladder to kiss him, Zackary's anger never flared nor showed as he took these mocks and insults in stride. Nothing seemed to faze the wulfen boy. 

It was well after an hour and growing dark before their shopping was done. His mother having been content with silence as she tried to gather the things they would need. With three children, two of them wulfen, her house required large amounts of food.  

She worried constantly, as their money came from Zackary's small but well-paying job working at the docks, where he helped take crates upon crates of imports to the docks to be sent to town. 

"Is everything alright?" Zackary asked, his tone strongly voicing his concern. His mother's eyes watered briefly but she fought back the tears, he even knew when she was in inner conflict before she knew herself. "Yes, all is right for now, come along. We still need to get meat, Loren was still hungry after eating most of the roast last week and I don't want that to happen again." 

She's so tender-hearted, he thought. Zackary smiled sadly, as he chuckled and shook his head, his blonde locks falling over his eyes, and swishing in the soft night wind. Loren was his younger brother, a few years younger. He was a hyper pup with relentless bouts of energy which he used to run around and wreak chaos in London. Loren resembled neither of his parents in particular with dark-brown hair that borders on black in nearly all light with creamy ivory skin and catlike hazel-grey eyes.  

He was mischievous little thing and Zackary always chided him; saying his energy should be put to good use not destruction. But Loren was his own person and would only listen when Zackary was stern, then he would mind hat others say. Until then he was a ball of energy bent on bouncing off the cobblestone streets and brick buildings.