Chapter Four: "Misplaced Passion"

Chapter Four:

--Misplaced Passion--

"Încerc să reziste ... dar esti prea tentant ..."

 “I try to resist ... but you're too tempting ...”

December 23rd, 1745

(A Month Later...)

“Damien, enough, I said no,” the wulfen teen repeated for possibly for the fifth time as Damien tried to weave their fingers together and leaned into the taller’s chest, giggling. Zackary had learned to spot the symptoms of when Damien was in what Loren described as “kiss withdrawal”. However, he hadn’t learned how to solve them other than giving Damien what he was seeking, which more often than not lead to the auburn-haired teen begging for another and another.

“Please!” the teen begged, leaning closer while on his tiptoes so he was at least a foot from Zackary’s face. “Just  once more, please!” he tried again as Zackary rolled his eyes and proceeded to walk away. He saw Ellie, his younger sister stroll down the hallway. She saw his tall silhouette and ran to him, limping a bit as if her legs were uneven but her face in a bright smile. She saw Damien and her smile brightened, she had a close relationship with the redhead. All of the house did, but for Zackary's mother. She said to Zackary, “Be careful.” but never expanded on it. 

“Hello Ellie,” Damien greeted, dismissing his addiction for the time being while the baby was in the girl. Damien had been caught once with Zackary once by the girl and he had been devastated he had been seen a passion-voicing mess by the five-year-old.

The girl smiled and reached for his hand which he gladly let her take as he picked her off the ground. Her brown eyes seemed a tad darker than the day before but Damien took no notice of it. He blamed the night and poor lighting. As her brown orbs looked into his hyacinth ones, once again Damien was shocked by the wisdom and age underneath that childlike body. The girl was wiser beyond her years and growing steadily older and beautiful by the hour.

“What is it, Ellie?” Zackary asked, shelving a book he had been reading before Damien's interruption of begging. Ellie looked at her older brother, trying to figure a way to answer him without words. She pointed to the door, her fingernails looked a bit long in his opinion and he made a mental note to file them down soon. Damien raised a brow. A moment later, a knock sounded and Damien looked to the baby girl, looking smug back at him. She was full of surprises, he thought.

Zackary went to the door and after hearing it was just Loren, he opened the door and saw Loren being held by his ear by a town whore. “Hello, brother dearest,” the young wulfen said, “Could you please ask her to let go of my ear and drop all charges?” The whore scoffed and pinched his ear harder making the young wulfen wince and whimper in pain.

“I don’t believe I should, it depends on what you did.” Zackary said, coolly and leant on the door frame. He looked over to the whore, she was dressed so she had been working, he noticed. He sighed, his younger brother had been peeking in on the whores again and had been caught. Loren is going to have a reputation for being a peeping Tom, he thought sadly as he heard footsteps sound behind him.

“Who was it?” Damien asked and stuck his head around Zackary's side to see who was there. His eyes widened as he saw a familiar face, “Well hello, Sydney.” he cooed and the whore dropped Loren’s ear as her face paled dramatically and her green eyes widened at that sensual sounding voice. “D-Damien...?” she asked and sure enough to her surprise, she saw Damien holding a small baby girl. He was standing relatively close to the young pervert’s brother, she noticed with a sunken heart.

“What are you doing out so late, Damien?” she inquired and while she was distracted, Loren ran to his brother’s side. He was glad for the redhead’s company once again. Though he thought it odd that so many women swooned at his heels and so many men gave him passing looks. Though Loren would admit it aloud, Damien was attractive but something about the way he acted with his brother made him seem surprised and somewhat skeptical. It had been a month and still nothing more than kisses he only briefly saw, but rumors said Damien was a whore. So what was really going on, he asked himself.