Chapter 5 - Attempts

Naomi's POV

We arrived at Haido Park. Chianti and Korn were already in position for the assassination of Domon Yasuteru (who is DJ) and Kir was leading him to the assigned designation. I was waiting in the car along with Gin, Vodka, and Vermouth.

I looked out the window to see Conan and Jodie Starling run out of a beetle (Agasa-hakase's car).

'Why is he here?'

I got suspicious in why of all places, he comes here at the time of the assassination. Does he know something?

But more importantly, does he know that I'm here? If he doesn't then everything's good but if he does know I'm here, he will probably question me.

Argh! This is getting frustrating!

"Madeira, you've been acting weirdly for the past few minutes. Is there something you haven't told us?" Gin's cold voice broke me out of my thoughts as he glares through the rear mirror.

"No, it's just this mission seems unsettling to me. As if something big will happen." I just covered up myself with a lie. It's kind of based on my intuition because knowing Shinichi, he'll probably get to the bottom of this.

'I think I made a mistake in telling Ran and the rest that I came back.'

Gin still looks at me suspiciously but then he decided to ignore it for now.

'Geez, he should stop having trust issues.'

At the side, Vermouth stares at me as she has seen through me. She clearly saw Conan and Jodie too but she decided to not comment about it. Since she too does not want Conan to be in this trouble.

Not too long after Conan and Jodie left, the camera on Kir's clothing shows that it is raining and that everyone was holding umbrellas. 

"DJ, dark blue umbrella. Can I shoot?" Korn's voice came through the transmitter. 

"Wait, shooting through the umbrella lowers the accuracy rate." Gin replies. 

Vodka opened the window and stuck his hand out.

"But it's weird. It is not raining here...huh?" In the middle of Vodka's sentence, the sky started to rain. "It started raining here too..."

A small smile came onto my face that is was barely noticeable if you didn't play close attention. I looked towards the sky and we started to drive away.

'Guess you're lucky this time, Shinichi. Or else you would've been in big trouble.'

The car was heading towards an old rundown building that was being used anymore. Here, Chianti, Korn, and Kir met up with us. 

Vermouth and Kir got changed into their motorbike suits as I waited with Gin and the rest.

"Gin, you don't even need me in this mission so why did you call me out? I would've been fine just lying in bed right now." I complained. There was no role for and Vermouth is already a good enough backup. He just wasted my luxurious relaxation time.

"As I said, you're here for reassurance." Gin ignored my complaint and brought out a map and put it on top of his Porshe 356A. 

Vermouth and Kir came back and with their original clothes in a bag. They put it into the back seat area of Gin's car.

"At about 16:00, DJ's car will go through the bridge. That's the assassination spot. This time Chianti and Korn will be support cover." Gin explained the plan to everyone.

"What?! Support?"

"I want to shoot."

Chianti and Korn showed disagreement to this plan. But Vodka explained that the car had bulletproof glass and two bodyguards beside DJ so the bullet would not be able to get to DJ.

"Then what? Strip naked and sneak into the car?" Chianti sarcastically comments.

"Pfft. Nice plan. You can roll with that if you want." I joked around which earned me a harsh glare from Chianti.

"Ara~ Chianti, you're almost correct. Using this motorcycle, I'll fall in front of his car to stop him. Then when he comes out..." Vermouth came out in her motorcycle and explained.

"I, following the car the whole time, will shoot from the behind." Kir continues.

"And then it will be your job to deal with the two bodyguards. The place to deal with DJ is Bein B." Gin informs and assigns them the position they'll be in through the map.

With that, everyone went to their rightful positions and got ready for the second plan.

'I wonder if Shinichi heard everything. Will he be able to stop this attempt again?'

Conan's POV

"Bein B...which bridge are they mentioning now?"