Chapter 1 - Welcome Back

Author's POV

"Finally arrived at Japan!" A mysterious girl said as she pulled her luggage towards the entrance of the airport. "It's been a while since I came back here. A lot of things changed." The girl thought mentally.

She took a taxi and told him her address. After the 20 minutes ride, they stopped in front of a huge hate to a mansion. The driver did not seem to believe that the girl he drove lives here.

"Miss, you live here?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for the ride. Here's the pay." The girl handed the driver the money and grabbed her luggage, entering the mansion's gate.

"This place is still the same as before. Though, it did get really dusty." She said when she entered the house. She unpacked her belongings and cleaned up the place. After a few hours, she was done and she decided to call her childhood friend.

"Hello?" A girl's voice spoke through the phone.

"Ran. Guess who?"

"Oh my god! Is that you Naomi?! You're back in Japan?!" The girl named Ran squealed in delight when Naomi said yes.

"Yeah, just came back a few hours ago. How are you, you want to come over and hang out?" Naomi asked.

"Of course! I'll head there right now. At your house right?"

"Yeah. See you later." With that, the call ended.

Ran's POV

I'm so happy to hear that Naomi came back. She's been in America for 5 years now! I was getting ready to go to the Yasuda's Mansion which is just across the Kudo's Mansion. When I was about to leave, Conan called out to me.

"Ran-nee-chan, where you going?" Conan asked.

"I'm going to visit a friend of mine who came back to Japan after leaving for more than 5 years!" I said excitedly as I exited. "Bye Conan-kun."

Conan's POV

Ran went to see a friend that just came back to Japan after leaving for more than 3 years. I didn't think much about and went to grab a drink from the kitchen. When I went to the office, I saw Uncle (Ran's father) drinking beer again. That was when I started thinking about what Ran said.

A friend.......5 years.......just came back to Japan.......5 years......Japan............overseas.........Naomi.... That was when I realized that Ran was going to visit Naomi who came back. She came back! I'm so glad she came back. I can't wait to see her again after she just left with a letter for us saying she was going out of the country.

"Ojii-san! I'm going to Hakase's house!" I said using it as an excuse totally forgetting about my condition. I miss her so much. Her smile. Her laugh. Her soccer play. Everything about her I missed. I can't wait to see her. Then I remembered, I was in no condition of seeing her in this body of mine. I don't want her to be in danger. *sigh* Guess I'm really going to Hakase's.

Naomi's POV

Ran and I have been talking for a few hours and I found out about Shinichi not being here because of a case. I totally don't believe that since there's not way it'll take him about 10 months to solve it. Even though it does, which is highly undoubtedly in his case, he would have gone back home at least once. Something's odd here...

Suddenly, Ran gotten a call from her father saying to pick up a kid at Hakase's place. I decided to come along since I haven't seen Hakase in a long time.

Ran rang the doorbell and a little girl with short brown hair opened it. I don't recall Hakase having kid with him before. A relative? Highly impossible. An adopted child? Likely.

"Hello Haibara-san." Ran greeted the little girl who nodded. She doesn't like the social type. Then a little boy who looks oddly familiar, kind of like the Shinichi who was young, came towards us.

"Hello Ran-nee-chan." He said happily but when his eyes landed on me, his eyes widen as it showed happiness, worries, joy, and.............was that love? I think my eyes are just fooling me. I need to get more sleep. "Ran-nee-chan, who's this?" He asked. I want to know more about him and why he looks so much like Shinichi when he was younger. This is getting interesting.