Chapter 8: Are You Kidding Me ?!

January 2,2014.

Right now I'm next door with Shawn, on the sofa downstairs in the basement while he's laying on me.

Nothing really changed since we started this.

We've been hanging out since I woke up and now it's the evening. And I have still failed to mention Matt knows. This is the first time I've kept something from him like ever. It's only been a day and it's eating at me.

"Hey Shawnnn"

"Hmm?" he said getting off of me to grab his water bottle

"I'm so happy we're friends I just wanted to remind you" I smiled

Girl I know I wasn't supposed to say that.

"Me too" he smiled back.

"One more thing" I smiled

"Yes ?"

"Matt knows about us"

"Yeah I know they all know were dating, kinda the point" He chuckled

"No. I mean he knows haha" I whispered nodded.

"What ? What do you mean he knows ? " He stared at me getting off the sofa.

"Yeah haha um .."

"Nataly. You told him the only secret we've ONLY EVER HAD ?" He stared to raise his voice at me.

He called me Nataly.

"Shawn do NOT raise your voice at me. " I spoke up.

"Why the HELL would I listen to someone can't keep secrets ??? " He scoffed.

" There's no way you think I actually told him that ? HA you don't know me at all then , He figured it out ? You fucking idiot ." I started to raise my voice.

" DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME LIKE THAT" He yelled at me.

"Are you kidding me ? After how many years of us knowing each other , you think I'd just tell ?" I spoke in pure disbelief.

"You're not a good friend." He told me before almost
walking out when I spoke up.

" IF YOU THINK THAT THEN MAYBE WE FUCKING SHOULDN'T ANYMORE" I yelled feeling the tears build up.

"YOU'RE RIGHT ! MAYBE WE SHOULDN'T" He yelled throwing his hands up.

"You're an asshole. " I coldly spoke stopping in front of him before quickly grabbing my converse and running upstairs.

"Sweet pea what's going on?" His mom asked me giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Its nothing" I weakly smiled back.

"You're crying it can't be nothing" His dad said drying the dishes beside Shawn's mom.

"Manny." Momma Mendes quickly snap.

"It's okay it's nothing really ! I feel like going home for a bit, I'll come bye later when Aaliyah wants to come home ! I'll see you guys later ! " I smiled before leaving as fast as I could.

*SHAWN POV*

I was still in the basement thinking about what just happened in defeat when my parents came downstairs.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes" My mom sternly spoke while walking towards me. .

"Mom before you say anything please just list--"

"No. You listen to me. I don't know what you guys were yelling about but. I heard yelling in MY house. Then Nataly came upstairs she was crying. She never cries. Whatever either parties just did, I don't care. The point is it got to the point she was crying and you're obviously upset.
Now I'm not going to tell you to work it out because it means nothing if I have to make you. But I'm going to tell you this, If you don't think it's worth it to fix it when her , fine but if you do , make the effort and do whatever you think is right but if you try and make it work , think about how you seeing her cry just made you feel. " She told me before getting up to leave.