Chapter 4

After two hours of snow tubing we were all ready to head back to the cabin. Changing into dry clothes I went to the great room. Upon entering the room I noticed that Hero was asleep on the couch. Looking around seeing we were alone I grabbed a blanket to cover him with. Long eyelashes were very noticeable as I’d drawn near him. Backing away after covering him there was a tug on my arm. Falling forward had me sprawled out over him.” Want to take a nap with me?’ looking up there was a smile on his face.

Did he just ask me that? A better question is did I want to. A few minutes later the moment was shatter by the arrival of our friends. Jumping up I heard a chuckle as I fled to the kitchen.

“ Lets go do some shopping,” Cera mused while playing with a strand of her hair. “I want to get a swimsuit to get into the hot tub with.”

“ I’ll get in too if I don’t have to sit near Christian,” grumbled Mia.

“ What is with you two anyway,” I asked curiously. “ He’s extremely good looking and seems so nice, what seems to be the problem?”

“ He’s a smartass and so aggravating, you know I don’t like that type of guy.” she unnecessarily reminded us. We all knew each others type. Mrs Song agreed to drive us into town. Gathering our bags we headed off.

“Bring us a surprise,” Christian yelled out.

“As if,” mumbled Mia on her way out the door. Cera and I just giggled when we heard Christian sigh. Ten minutes later we found the store we were looking for. Going to the swimsuit aisle Mia immediately picked out a cow print bikini. Cera spotted the zebra bikini she had to have. The only bikini left in my size was a white leopard print with ties on the sides. Looking around for the guys “surprises” we picked out silver earrings.

An hour later while eating an Asian dinner Xander kept trying to figure out what we had bought. He was really like a kid at Christmas, he could not wait. “ Come on give me a hint,” he begged. Shaking her head Cera just walked away.

“By the way guys tomorrow is Tori’s birthday, she will be twenty so plan the activities accordingly,” Cera announced after the kitchen was cleaned up.

“ It’s no big deal Cera, please treat it as another day,” I said quietly. I really did not want them to make a big deal of it. Mom and I were going to celebrate when we returned from the trip.

“ Birthdays are a big deal to us Tori,” Hero informed me. “ We will make it one to remember.” Looking at everyone’s smiling faces it was just easier to give in. “Now you girls go change and we will meet you at the hot tub,” demanded Hero playfully. Running for our room I grabbed my new bikini and a razor to make sure everything was smooth. All of us changed and grabbing our towels we headed for the deck door. In that short time it had started to lightly snow. Stepping outside hurriedly we hung our towels on the hooks under the umbrellas then walked quickly to the steps. The guys were already in when we heard Christian and Xander snicker loudly that we looked like we shopped at the local zoo.

Seeing the glare Mia threw at Christian, Cera quickly laughed agreeing. Cera and I were determined that those two would get along before the end of the trip. Glancing around I saw Hero give me a smoldering look. When he discovered I was looking at him he winked at me. “Leopards happen to be my favorite zoo animal Tori,” he said as he moved over to make room for me.

Sliding under the water as far as I could to hide my blush had the two comedians saying at the same time, “Your not going to take it off are you?” Cera and Xander burst out laughing making the water slosh up and knocking me sideways. Knocking our heads together had the two laughing hysterically again. Sitting up abruptly, rubbing my head I tried to move away but Hero grabbed my arm to pull me closer. Accidentally he grabbed my string on my top and it started to untie.

Mortified by that time I started to get up to run away when Christian said, “Geez Hero way to run off the nice scenery.” Mia slid my way and retied my top glaring at Christian yet again. Finally laughing it off I sat back to enjoy the warm water and light snow. Five minutes in I felt a leg rub up against mine. A little startled looking out of the corner of my eyes I saw he had his head thrown back relaxing.

“ Hey Hero will you sing something for us?” Mia pleaded. All was quiet for a few seconds then he started singing. When Christian joined in singing Mia’s eyes open wide.

“ Next time you and Mia clash Christian just sing to her,” Xander humorously said when the song was over. With this Mia left the hot tub, grabbing her towel and hurrying towards the house. With the mood broken we all left the hot tub. Being that it was late we all said our goodnights and went to our rooms. Laying in the bed I could not sleep. Tossing and turning I finally got up, grabbed my jacket, headed to the kitchen to make me a hot chocolate and went to sit on the deck. Quietly sitting on a wooden swing under the awning watching the snow I sipped my drink. Ten minutes later I heard the door open and close. Turning my head to the right I saw Hero step into view. He brought a blanket and asked if he could join me.

Opening the blanket as he sat down he covered the both of us. Feeling me shiver he pulled me closer to him. “ So tell me about yourself Tori,” Hero prompted. “ I know the basics but tell me more, like what are your future plans.”

“I hope to become an interpreter one day in an Asian country. I’ve not decided on which one yet. Any suggestions?” hoping he’d tell me his.

“ A lot of the countries over in Asia are great. I know that South Korea is a very nice place to be,” he said while absently rubbing my hair. “I may even need you one day as we tour around different places.”

’What about you Hero, what is your life like? What is your family like?” things I really wanted to know.

“I’m an only child, have my own penthouse, own a cat and the lead vocalist in a group of three. Christian and Xander are my best friends. I rarely have time off to vacation but I made time to come here. I just felt this was something I had to do,” saying the last part quickly.

With a startled glance I looked at him. So this was not just all on my side. Deciding to go to bed he helped me up from the swing. Stepping in the door Hero hugged me to him then getting close to my face whispered Happy Birthday. Noticing the slightly disappointed look on my face he just smiled and said to me “ I have a special present for you later.” Then he was gone.