chapter four - the first scare

Wassuppp. New chapter yay!!!

Sorry for the late update, I've been real busy :{

Enjoy

Posted: July 24th 2016

Edited: May 20th, 2017

|chapter four - the first scare|

______________

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD KID. I've never got into trouble, or done things that I knew were bad. I've always enjoyed staying in my little bubble of happiness, not caring about what the world or what others would think.

As I've mentioned before, I like to stay in places that I recognize. Places where I'm sure I won't end up having a panic attack and breathing like an overweight elephant (however they even breathe). But I'll assume you understand where I'm going with this.

I search for comfort. I search for that little sense of security and reassurance Being familiar with my surroundings makes me feel good. Now don't get me wrong, travelling is a lot of fun. I wish I could do it more often, but considering the well-being of my mother, that's not really an option right now.

There was a time that I remember when I was 10 years old and I was in elementary school. There was this girl named Marge, and she was the new girl who came half way through the year. She was the same age as me, but we were total opposites when it came to our physical appearance. She had beautiful, dark brown, almost black, hair that touched just the top of her waist, and she had these huge, bright blue eyes that would sparkle every time she laughed. She had these tiny little freckles which dusted the top of her nose and splayed across her cheeks. Marge was gorgeous, and considering her young age of 10 at the time, she would definitely need a whole army of protective brothers in the near future.

I was always jealous of Marge. It pained me to admit it, but I was.

I always wanted her beauty, her popularity, the attention she always got. The attention I longed for as any 10 year old girl would. So, in order to ease my jealousy, I decided I wanted to became friends with her.

Fast forward 3 years, and we were best friends. Attached to the hip and did everything together.

We would talk about boys and eat chips while braiding each other's hair in between Disney movies. She would laugh at my nerdy jokes and I would cringe at her gossip. The older kids, even the young at school would stare at us. They envied the friendship I shared with Marge, and that made me happy.

The boys would go crazy over her, especially when she started growing boobs. They only ever noticed my flat chest and I when I was wearing tight clothes, which I was forced into by Marge herself.

The bottom line as to why I am sharing this irrelevant information, is because at times when I'm scared or feel like I'm fading away, I think of the things that made me not feel that way. Basically, the friendship Marge and I shared was a friendship where I never felt uncomfortable at any given moment.

Even though Marge had her moody days, I still stuck with her because she was my best friend. I was there when she was sick, and vice versa. Obviously I knew what I was doing when helping her, but Marge didn't. She never wanted to learn anything from me, therefore she couldn't do much in healing, and that's when everything changed.

Marge's parents were loving and welcoming people who adored me when I would speak about mixtures or how I had figured them out. They were fascinated with my intelligence yet shocked at the same time. Since I was was only a young when I spoke of the topic, they were intrigued with the idea of how much I knew, and how much I didn't know.