prologue

Before you skip this, this WILL BE THE ONLY CHAPTER IN THIRD PERSON I PROMISE.

I strongly advise you to continue on and read this, but,  it's your choice qtpi AHHA :)

| prologue |

____________________

     THE 7 YEAR OLD BOY lay in his bed tossing and turning. Sleep never came to him as it seemed he was unable to close his eyes. He didn't know where his mother was, especially at this time of night, and that's something that kept him wide awake.

The young mother always came into his room to kiss him goodnight, and just before he'd fall asleep they'd talk about each other's day while listening to the soothing sound of her voice. 

But tonight was different.

The boy had an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach, and decided to look out the small window in his closet sized room. The stars were out and bright, followed by the moon which stole the show. The boy was always fascinated by the moon. He always liked to talk to his friends about it. They thought he was weird because he had been more mature than everyone else, but the boy didn't mind.

A loud crash was heard from somewhere in the house startling the young child and causing him to move underneath the wool blanket, shielding his face from the darkness. He knew he should have been be used to the noise since he heard it almost every night, but as usual, he still manages to cower away.

 The boy's breath deepens as he tries to close his eyes and let sleep come over him.
But again, it never came.

This time, the boy shoots out of bed as he hears yelling come from the same area as the crash did. He threw the covers off his bare legs and placed his feet on the floor. He jumped slightly as the cold, wood touched his toes and sent chills up his spine.

He takes his first step towards the door and takes another until he's right in front of the door. Placing his hands on the frame, he peaks through the crack, hoping to see something, but gets nothing.

He stands for a moment and thinks about going back to bed, ignoring the noises like he does every night, but he also thinks of going out the door to see what was going on.

He remembers back to what his mother told him, and cautiously takes several steps back. Heading back to bed he slowly covers himself with the blanket again, and snuggles into the warmth of his pillows.

Sticking out his hand, he reaches out to find his small stuffed bear, Aro, that was given to him when he was just a baby, he can't ever sleep without him. Panic courses through him as he remembered he left it in the living room while he was watching television earlier with his mother. 

The boy quickly got out of bed again, and this time he ran to the door and opened it. Taking a step into the darkness, he started feeling his way through the small hallway. Using the walls as a guide, he stopped when he saw a light coming from underneath the basement door. Ignoring it he ran past the kitchen and into the living room, grabbing Aro and grinning, he squeaked out a scream as he clumsily tripped over the coffee table in the middle of the room.

Landing with a thump, his face planted into the carpeted floor. As he stood up quickly, he started making his way back to his room before his mother came out. When he passed the basement door, he jumped as the door frantically opens revealing his flustered looking mother.