chapter three - the first run

Pretty quick update, not gonna lie. I wasn't going to post this for another two weeks, but...

Posted: July 6th, 2016

|chapter three - the first run|

__________________

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUND of the wind and the wolves howling to their moon. The night sky still dark, a pitch black colour.

It seems the stars have faded away leaving me to fend for myself. The pain in my head has subsided, but I could still feel the rusted gore sticking like a second skin. I lift a hand up to touch the wound only to find exactly what I thought I would find.

Blood.

I muffle a cry as I picture the image of my physical state. Probably bloody, bruised, sweaty. All the things I'm not used to. Standing up on wobbly legs, I try to look around for any signs of where I might be. Suddenly hunched over, I begin to gag as a gut wrenching smell enters my nose. I close my eyes and try to block out the smell, but apparently not even that will work. With a scowl on my face, I stand tall, and straighten my spine.

Sky, my sister, she's still here, by herself.

The voice in my head laughed.

No she's not, she isn't alone and neither are you.

Those thoughts frightened me. I tried to deny the fact that my thoughts were just a piece of my conscience, but at some point, everything can and will, become true. I shake my head to rattle away the negativity and carry on. Looking down at my feet, I see my shoes have been removed. I didn't even notice the coolness from the damp ground, but that bastard took off my shoes!

I weakly growl and continue to wear a scowl on my tired face, while silently cursing at the earth for putting me in this situation.

"Damn you, you stupid wall that knocked me out with your abnormally large hands-which by the way were gross!" I yelled at specifically no one.

Those same deep growls ricocheted off of the trees sending vibrations all the way down to my toes.

I could lie and say it didn't affect me, that I couldn't feel the piercing stare of eyes travelling my body up and down, but my mother always said it was bad to lie, so I'm not going to do that.

"I bet you think you're all high and mighty don't ya!" I yelled exaggerating my words.

"Where's my sister?"

That earned me a deep snicker in return.

My mouth fell agape. This thing was laughing at me.

Ignoring the short amount of pain that passed through my head, I suddenly started to feel hot all over. The exact same way I did before I welcomed the gash over my head.

"You think is funny?" I wheezed. The horrible stench still present, now affecting my breathing.

"Why don't you come out huh? You scared or something? You scared of a tiny kid like me?" I said trying to add a growl at the end.

Squaring up my bony shoulders, I squinted my eyes and clenched my fists together. Trying to make myself look as big and strong as possible. I bent my knees and started bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Keep hiding in the trees, and I'll come find you, after I find my sister, and right after I hang you from a tree with a piece of yarn!"