Part 26

Lela exhaled a groan of surrender as she dropped her body in the plastic black chair. It had been two weeks since Trevor put his sumptuous body on an embargo. Lela didn't take kindly to ultimatums, so when Trevor explained to her that she wouldn't be able to ride his joystick if she didn't tell Alyssa they were a couple she let things between them cool off. Lela focused more on her classes instead of going to Trevor's house to Netflix and chill. 

He wanted to play games so she became the Great Wall of China, icing him out. Outwit, she didn't add his number in the new iPhone 6 he bought her. Outplay, she wore those painted-on t-shirt dresses that gripped her irresistible voluptuous curves making it difficult for him to tear his eyes and hands off her. Outlast, she was going strong for days not thinking about the warmth of his bed or the scorch of his body. Well, that was until last night. Last night, when he dropped by her townhouse unannounced.

Harmony, Alyssa, and Safiya went to cheer on Samuel, Wes, and the rest of the Texas University football team as they battled the Baylor bears at Helms Stadium. Lela didn't really like football. As blasphemous as it was for a Texas-born and raised girl to admit and utter she just favored basketball more. So, when Professor Steward assigned a Theme portrait for her Life Drawing class she took advantage of the empty house. With Maxwell lowly playing in the background, she drug the freshly sharpen pencil across the blank canvas.

Two knocks at the door broke Lela from her creative flow.

"Who is it?" Lela yelled as she meandered to the door in her neon multicolored bralette and white cotton shorts.

"Just open the door." The familiar voice ordered.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Lela shouted back as she stood on her tippy toes peeking out the peephole. She groaned loudly seeing Trevor standing on her porch. She lowered back to her bare feet, "Go back to the stadium."

"I'm not going anywhere." Trevor twisted the doorknob hoping she unlocked it anyways. "You've been avoiding me for a month."

Lela leaned against the wall, "It's been thirteen days, liar."

"Well, it feels like forever." He tapped his finger on the door. "Please, just let me in...I take it back."

The lock clicked and the door opened.

"What do you want?" Lela asked as the hallway light poured over her.

Trevor stepped out of the darkness with lust-filled eyes, "You."

Lela's full lips softened under his as he gripped the back of her thighs and eased them around his waist.

She pulled away from his kiss latching her arms around his neck, "I thought I was cut off."

"I quit." Trevor breathed as the hot desire drained from his baby blue optics leaving defeat in its wake. "You win." He buried his head in the valley of her supple breast.

"Stop." Lela dropped her arms away from his neck and pressed them against his sturdy shoulders, pushing him away. "Put me down."

"What?" His head shot up. "Why?"

"Because..." Lela tried to push away from him again but he firmly held her to his hard body. "I don't want failure sex."

Trevor released his hold on her smooth flesh lowering her back on solid ground, "Failure sex?" He combed his hand through his tousled blonde tresses.

Lela pushed her bralette strap back onto her shoulder. She leaned against the wall as the wanton fire of temptation fizzled out. "I'll talk to Alyssa tomorrow." A frown plastered its way on her face. This wasn't how she planned things. She didn't want to fall in...she didn't want to say love...but it was something strong wreaking havoc on her heart and jumbling her emotions. Whatever it was she didn't want to want him, her friend's ex-boyfriend but she did. Now, she had to be a woman and tell Alyssa.