ready

THREE HOURS OF labor soon turned into thirteen, and Reyna was less than comfortable. Her contractions were torturing her, and they only seemed to be getting worse by the hour. It was nearing time for Theo to make an appearance, however, which meant she was just about ready for the epidural. She just hoped it took away the pain as she read it did.

Reyna stared up at the ceiling of her hospital room, trying desperately to keep her composure as she received yet another contraction. She felt as if she was repeatedly being hit by a truck, but she would go through the pain a hundred times if it meant she was able to see her baby boy smile as she was looking forward to.

Several nurses and doctors ran around her room, setting up machines and constantly checking her vitals. Scarlett and Jade were currently asleep on the couch against the wall (their excitement had worn them out), and Sebastian had spent the last fifteen minutes working on trying to find both of their parents in the enormous hospital. It was the first time he had left her side since she had been admitted to the hospital at 11:00 the previous night. He hadn't slept at all throughout the thirteen hours spent at the hospital—he refused to—and though Reyna knew why, it still worried her. She wanted him to sleep, especially since he hadn't slept in over twenty four hours.

The door to Reyna's room opening caught her attention, and she sat up just enough to see Sebastian making his way into the room with their parents following behind him before laying her head back down on the mattress. Her gaze was once again on the ceiling when Sebastian made his way over to, their parents joining him shortly.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sebastian asked her as he reached down to move a loose strand of hair behind her ear. He was very happy that it was nearing time to finally meet his son, but he hated that he had to see Reyna in pain for it to happen.

Reyna let out a whine and leaned into Sebastian's touch, reaching up to grab his hand her own. "I feel like a million dollars."

"Listen, you shouldn't make jokes like that, Reyna—there are people here who don't know what a million dollars feels like, you jackass," Reyna's dad exclaimed jokingly, giving her knee a gentle shake.

Reyna looked at her mother through tired green eyes. "You could've left him at home and I would've been perfectly fine."

"You say that now," she chuckled. "I'm very proud of you, ReyLynn."

"Yeah, I'm proud of me too, mom" Reyna remarked as she turned her attention to Sebastian's smiling mother. "Hi, mama."

"Hi, sweetheart."

"Where are all of your celebrity friends at?" Reyna's dad asked.

"Jeremy and Chris went home at about two this morning, but they'll be back later," Sebastian answered him. "Scarlett and Jade are over there on the couch."

Reyna's dad's eyes brightened at the sound of Scarlett's name and he spun around immediately to find that Sebastian's words were in fact true. "It's Scarlett freaking Johansson. God, she looks just as beautiful in person as she does on television."

"Don't forget that you're married, dad," Reyna chuckled.

Her dad looked down at her. "And so are you, punk."

"Not yet."

"Might as well be," he shrugged. "You two have been stuck to the hip since you were fifteen; you're thirty-three now and he's thirty-five, which is a really long time to be honest. I'm actually surprised this kid didn't pop out when you were like twenty-one, but then again I'm not, because your Mother Theresa-lovin' ass decided to remain a virgin until she was thirty-fucking-two years old."