Chapter 11 "What Bestowed"

Very, very unedited!!!!!

                                                  Chapter 11

As Victoria opened her eyes, she slowing started to make out her surroundings. As, she started to seat up in bed, dizziness clouded her and she flew back to her pillow with aloud groan that escaped her lips. However, even though she was lightheaded, at least she wasn't still sore all over, but she did have an aching back, which felt like there was needles coming through that part of her skin. Yet, she was too afraid to touch that part because it was too painful to begin with.

As, she turned to her side, she looked at the bedside table to find a wet. cold rag sitting on the table. Her eyes narrowed as she wondered how it got there. The last thing she remembered was trying to get out of bed to retrieve a rag for her burning up forehead. Her eyes got wide as she remembered falling to the floor after she passed out trying to get one. How did she get back to her bed?

Just when she thought this, someone came up the stairs carrying a bucket. As the intruder came into the room, Victoria's eyes got even bigger. No other then Ella Farina stood at her bedside.

It wasn't that she didn't like Ella, but the fact that she didn't know her very well. However, she did know her the way everybody in town knew her. She was always the talk of the town, but after all, everyone knew of her painful story. The one that leaves her the servant in her own home. The one that the Luna of the shifters complains about from day in to day out. Yet, everyone in town did feel pity for Ella, but they always turned a blind eye, especially if they wanted to stay on the Luna's good side.

"Thank goddess, your up!" Ella said as she set the bucket that Victoria could now see was full with water by her bed and dumped the rag that was on her table into it.  "You had me so worried that I was about to call for the doctor, but once I was about to, your fever started to come down." Then she squeezed the rag from the bucket and sat the hot thing on Victoria's head. "There, that should help with your dizziness a little bit." Then she walked to the middle of the room, grabbed the rocking chair and sat it next to where Victoria laid.      

Victoria just looked at her in surprise. A million questions rattled in her brain.

"You probably wondering why I am here." Ella said once more. She then looked to the floor with heated frustration planted on her face then glanced back at her. "Well, you won't believe me if I told you." And then the ghastly look on her face told Victoria to not push for more explanation. 

"Well, thank you for taking care of me." Victoria simply stated, knowing how Ella felt at that moment.   

Just then another person came walking into the room. Victoria wasn't nearly as surprise as the first time as she looked into the eyes of a very green eye man. Richard stood by her bedroom door. After all, wherever Ella goes, Richard always seemed to follow.

"There you are! Where have you been?" Ella asked. She looked at her friend with narrowed eyes, while Richard gave her in return a playful smile.

Victoria has always watched these two from afar. After all, she did have a little crush on Ella's friend for awhile now. Yet, every time she glance upon them, she couldn't seem to stop grinning. They were really humorous to watch in action. Though, it always made Victoria kind of jealous. She always wanted someone as close as they were together. However, that wish has never came to be.     

"I had some errands to run for my father." He stated, shrugging his shoulders like it didn't matter, but Victoria could see that it definitely mattered to Ella.

"Well, I had to be at your house a couple hours ago, setting up for the pack meeting." She said, getting up from the rocking chair and putting her hands on her hips.