Chapter 8 "Unexpected Surprise"

Unedited!!!

                                                         Chapter 8

Victoria sighed in frustration as she sat down at the counter while her boss, Ms. Padnena sat in the corner, sleeping away a good day. Victoria has been working at Debbie's Hat Shop for the past week and a half and no customers has stopped in once. It was just plain boring. All she does each day was look out the window. She never understood why Ms.  Padnena even hired her. It wasn't like she needed any help to begin with. After all, she really didn't know how Ms. Padnena paid her bills or kept the place running. She was certainly not receiving any profit. However, this job was much better then being her mother's prentice, which her mother has been asking for a while lately. Yet even talking about giving birth makes Victoria faint. To her, her mother worked a hard and disgusting life. The only way to get her mother of her back was to get another job. Granted, Ms. Padnena is an old and dull woman, but working at Debbie's Hat Shop was far better then working with her mother. All she really needed was a good book to read each day to keep her occupied, while Ms. Padnena was either in the back making hats or out front, sleeping. Eighty percent of the time she was sleeping. Victoria turned to look at her boss with frizzy, gray hair up in a bon as she slugged in her chair, her glasses laid peacefully on her nose.  She was definitely a loud snorer thought Victoria. 

However, as Victoria opened her book to chapter one the door bell jingle as two women came walking in. She toss her book to the side in excitement. Yet, her excitement was short lived as she say who her customers were. She frown discontent.

"Well, this is an unexpected." Miss. Farina said as her and her daughter, Rosa came to the counter. "Then again, I guess this would be expected of a daughter who will always look up to a mother that is as uninteresting as a door knob, but at least she's somewhat respected for that repulsive job she does."

Victoria just sighed. "What can I do for you, Miss Farina?"

Miss. Farina just ignored her as she started banging on the bell that sat on the counter. "Why is that crazy woman always sleeping. Debbie, wake up! Where are the hats that I ordered?"

As Miss. Farina said that, Ms. Padnena woke up with a fright. Great, give the old woman a heart attach why don't you Victoria thought.

As Ms. Padnena composed herself, she pulled her glasses to her nose and walked up behind the counter. "Miss. Farina, yes, I have your hats done. They are a beauty. One of my best creations."

As they walked off to the far end of the shop, I was stuck looking at Rosa who was giving me one of her devious grins, which only meant trouble.

Victoria knew that Rosa found her a threat. After all, they were always in competition with one another as which men were likely to be in each other beds. However, Victoria knew that Rosa had more lovers then she would ever have, but being a threat to one of the powerful female shifters in town has to stand for something. Even though she had no idea why she was a threat to begin with.

"You know, I have heard a lot of rumors going around about you and a certain someone." Rosa said.

Victoria just gave her a blank stare as Rosa smile grew even wider.

"You don't have any clue what I'm talking about, do you?" Rosa asked. "Well, for starters, one of my regular lovers told me that you have been pressuring him to have sex with you. When he refused, you put a hex on him and that's why he has a black and blue mark on his face."

Victoria couldn't help but let out laugh. "A hex, what are you talking about?"

"Well, sense your going around telling everyone your a seer, most people believe your a witch instead, after all, there is only one seer at a given time and she's not died yet."