Chapter 9 : Date or Death?

Hannah

The other day, I met that guy from the NA meeting. After following me for weeks, he came up to speak to me, at the coffee shop. How casual he was. As if of all it was just a coincidence. Poor boy, little did he know that even I was doing my bit of research lately. A sweet little conversation would have been nice, but small talk doesn't interest me, it never did. So I asked him what kind of monster he was, and he told me the things I already knew. I knew he was into me. I saw it in the way he would confide into my blue eyes. But there something about him – he kept himself together. His hands firm and unyielding; a gaze so probing. I need to stop thinking about that, before I start getting edgy all over again. I need to be careful. I have plans to make.

He was my next prey, just as I was his.

And for once, it is nice to know that I have a contender. Winning without any, ain't much fun anyway. Not only did I want to slaughter his skin into scores of shreds and drink away the fresh blood oozing out. I wanted to consume him, entirety. I wanted to take it slow, so that I could savor every moment; because the pleasure is indescribable, it's divine.

"Hey do u want to maybe go somewhere and talk? , a text from his phone. I don't know what should I reply. He thinks I'm new to this game. So lets do whatever he plans, I want to see how creative he is. Although I do need a new knife for this date. I want him to be my Christmas gift. Santa gives gifts to the insane ones too, I think.

"Yes absolutely. Christmas night?" I replied.

Everything is ready. I have made all the preparations. Sharpened the blades, laid the table, ironed my favorite black dress. I'm getting so tensed, it always happens to me before something important. I need to calm down. I can't take pills tonight, because tonight I want to play lunatic games.

I know where he stays, but I forgot he doesn't. How foolish of him to not know that I was following him all the way up to his apartment; I wonder how his room looks like, maybe he has covered it in all black. Am I thinking too much? I need to make plans, quick. He might call any minute.

"hey you ready?", his text, finally. I like being sinister, it's almost addictive, this lunacy. The drive to his house took me a mere 10 mins. There he is, standing with a bouquet in his hand in his porch, and goodness knows he looks good. But flowers? He should've known better. It's alright, I'll teach him, I like dried roses more than fresh ones.

I better be careful, he might be too clever for me. Did you notice the way his gaze was scrutinizing me the moment I got down from the car? I'm starting to lose my calm now, I better hurry back home.

"Hey, Hannah", He smiles with a lot of confidence that you could see in his eyes.
"Stephen", I say.
"Ready for our little date?", I chuckle.
"You don't even know how much", he smirks,

"let's go."

.......(Till next chapter)....

Collaboration between: Shatakshree Bhattacharyya And Shlagha Borah.