Drop The Gamma Bomb

A/N: Hi Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Trisha Spencer's take on the crazy goings-on at Wattpad High last week! Trisha, as you may already know, has been making my life miserable since first grade when I transferred into her school. She now has her own Wattpad account so you might want to see what she's up to at LoveTrishSpencer. 

Is it therapeutic to get this all out? Or is it simply dysfunctional that I'm carrying on this battle all by myself, so many years later? Hard to say. I would get help, except at least two of my multiple personalities are holding back.

But on to this week's story, and this week's author! I first met Madi when she left some comments on one of my stories. I was really excited, mostly because I thought she was a guy and looked just like Ryan Reynolds.  But once I got over that disappointment I found she was a really good writer with lots of fun ideas!

Madi, like me, is something of a comic book geek. This means that gaining super powers is nothing new to her.  It happens all the time! So let's see what happens when they...

Drop The Gamma Bomb

By Madi, HulkFreak13

I gently pushed the steel gate open with the tips of my fingers, the bottom raking up a cloud of dust as it scraped across the ground. As usual the place was deserted, only a few stray bugs buzzing through the air. Before I knew what I was doing one dirt-clad sneaker stepped inside, then another, until I was walking casually throughout the mini desert. Glancing back, the cheerleaders motioned me forward and I continued going, not too pleased about this whole situation.

Word of advice: Don't mess with the head cheerleader!

I was so caught up in my worried thoughts I almost missed the sound of the steel gate creaking closed, then the chain being looped back through. Whirling around, I slammed into it. "Let me out! We made a deal. I do this and we're even. You can't leave me here!" I protested.

It was such an innocent prank, but look where it had led me. All I did was PhotoShop Melanie's head onto some Austrian body builder's body! And I only showed it to one person. How was I to know she would share it across FaceBook? Melanie's idea to make up for it was that I should help her sneak onto a military base. It seemed harmless; the base has been practically deserted for the past fifty years. Except now it's pretty clear what her real intentions were.

Melanie, the victim to my prank, smiled coldly. Stepping out of my grasp she told me, "You're only stuck here as long as you can't get out. You're a smart girl. I'm sure you'll figure something out before you die."

With a flip of their hair the girls walked away without a second glance, leaving me pressed against the steel bars of the fence.  

* * *

After I had calmed down, I examined my only way out. The barbed wire on top of the fence made it impossible to climb over, but going under might work. Searching through my pockets I soon realized I had forgotten my knife, along with my cell phone. Taking inventory of everything I did not bring with me I also noted I did not have a shovel, bolt cutter, backhoe, or flare gun.

Swearing loudly I leaned back on my heels, biting my lip in a vain effort not to cry. Twin tears crept down my cheeks against my will, making dark stains in my shirt. Wiping them away, I settled to digging underneath the gate on adrenaline alone.

My nails were caked with dirt, along with my hands, before I heard it.

A low rumbling in the distance made my blood run cold, and I turned towards the sound. Seconds later a bright light took off into the sky before plummeting downwards. With the light at my back, I finally noticed the sign hanging from a solitary nail:

MILITARY TESTING SITE - DO NOT TRESPASS!

I'm pretty sure my heart nearly stopped for good. In the background I heard a loud boom, and as I turned I saw a green cloud go up. It soon spread, rushing towards me with lightning speed. Within seconds, it had engulfed me!

I shook the gate, frantically trying to escape, but of course it held tight. My heartbeat quickened until I felt as if it was going to hammer out of my chest. The green haze engulfed me, just as a cloud of gravel and debris that had been kicked up by the explosion struck me like a hail of bullets. But that wasn't the worst of it! The green haze was affecting me – changing me. I could feel it working on me from the inside out as I breathed it deep into my lungs.

Every bone in my body felt like it was being torn into pieces. My chest expanded, my arms looked like tree trunks. I heard my bones cracking and my head pounding. As the pain increased I let out a scream before shaking the gate once again, knowing that I would never escape.

Except this time the chain snapped and the gate ripped from its hinges as I pulled on the bars. I stared at the heavy steel gate, which I was now holding above my head, the bars warped and crushed between my fingers. Astonishment didn't begin to cover what I was feeling when I felt a final surge of pain, and everything went black.

* * *

The entire cheerleader squad lay strewn across Melanie's room like fall leaves, each doing their own thing. A few were playing Go Fish, and others were chatting over Instagram posts about who was sexier, Justin Bieber or Harry Styles. But Melanie was sitting on her bed, surrounded by her closest, most parasitic hangers-on.

"Do you think she'll actually die?" Carrie asked seriously, texting someone on her phone as she did.

Bethany shrugged. "Maybe. Why do you care?"

Melanie rolled her eyes. "No, she won't. We're going back to check on her in the morning, remember? If she's out, good for her. If not, we swear her to silence and let her out," she reminded them and they nodded, having apparently forgotten the entire plan.

"Idiots," she muttered under her breath, before the house began to shake.

"What's happening?!" shrieked Bonnie as she rolled across the floor into the wall.

"I don't know!" screeched an equally terrified Melanie, gripping her bedpost tightly, getting into what some would call a sexual position, having wrapped her legs around it as well. The others just screamed, unable to even form words. Candy Floss Pink nail polish spilled on every surface!

Melanie looked over to her massive set of bedroom windows only to see a large shadow looming outside, its face hidden. Without caring the shadow stepped through the window and into the room, shattering the glass into fragments as if it was water. The girls all screamed, Melanie with them.

The shadow was a girl, at least seven feet tall and with muscles to match. Electric green eyes scanned the room, everyone cowering underneath her piercing stare. Her long hair hung over her face so the girls could only catch glimpses of the horror underneath. But the most striking thing about this ferocious female was the bright green colour of her skin.

"What do you want?" screamed Melanie, starting to cry from fright. "Why are you here?"

The ghastly green girl laughed, a horrible mirthless laugh. "Why am I here?" she shouted at the terrified girl. "You invited me!"

Melanie stared at the ripped clothes the girl was wearing, and she gasped.

"M-Madi?" She whispered, barely able to get out the words.

Madi smiled coldly, making Melanie's evil smile look friendly. "Not anymore," she said simply, walking over to the bed with a smile growing across her face.

"What game were you playing? I think it's MY TURN!"

TO BE CONTINUED...