Can I Kiss You? || Nishinoya Yuu x SHORT!SHY!Reader

This was requested by: @YourWaifuElise I hope u like it!

You were always in the back, unnoticed, silent - and that's how you liked it. You never really liked attention, and you always wondered how people dealt with it without curling into a ball and hiding. Being short helped a lot, what didn't help, was the trading that came with it.

Which was why this one boy, caught your attention.

He was always in the spotlight, getting in trouble, running in the halls, and super loud, yet....short.

He was just about your complete opposite, and maybe that was why, you liked him.

You admired him, his confidence, and most of all, his kind personality.

You hated to admit it, but you had fallen head over heels in love.

You were in class, in your usual seat in the back, staring out the window. You watched as a bird flew across the sky, doing loop-dee-loops and fast turns.

You wished you could be that bird in that moment. Fearless, fast, and free.

You sighed silently, and continued reading the book the teacher had assigned for your book essay.

You loved reading, and enjoyed every minute of it. Your work patterned however, wasn't so elated.

"EHHHH WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS?! (Y/N) HELP!" Tanaka hollered.

"Shhh." You say, a finger to your mouth, "Tanaka-san, please keep quiet. We are in class."

"Huh?! Oh. Sorry." He says, and sits back down.

You sigh and continue reading, taking small glances at Nishinoya while you were at it.

You loved his hair, his smile, his personality, it shocked you to find out he was still single.

Lost in a trance, Tanaka tapped your shoulder, making you jump in your seat.

"E-eh?! What is it?" You ask in a whisper.

"You lookin' at Noya aren't ya?" He says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"N-no!" You deny.

"Yeah right. It's as clear as day. You were staring at his hair and smile weren't you?" Tanaka grins.

"Is it that obvious?!" You whisper-scream, covering your face in embarrassment.

Great, you just blew it.

"Y'know, you're short." Tanaka says out of nowhere.

Quickly, you jump to your defence.

"I'm n-not that short!" You say.

"But at least your shorter than Noya." Tanaka grins.

You blush at the thought.

"Well, if you put it that way..."

...

For the past couple weeks, Tanaka's been trying to match Noya and you up, listening to you when you said not to tell him anything.

Then one day, he walked up to you.

"Say, (Y/N)..."

"Yeah?" You ask, looking at the brunette.

"I...I need help with this." He says sheepishly, holding out his book essay.

"Ryuu told me you were amazing at this stuff so-"

"Sure." You say with a smile.

You caught what seemed like a blush on Nishinoya's cheeks, and you couldn't help blushing too.

You pointed out the key points and how to make a proper essay.

You also corrected his spelling mistakes.

His many spelling mistakes.

"And it's 'their' not 'they're'" you say with a smile, pointing at the paper.

"Ohhhhh!" He says, leaning in a bit.

You could tell he was edging closer and closer by the second. In fact, we wasn't even looking at the papers.

He was looking at you.

He was dying your face, watching in fascination as your expressions changed. He loved your quiet voice and lady-like actions, and watched intently as you slid a strand of hair that came loose behind your ear.

He was edging closer and closer by the second, and inside, you were nervous as hell.

You stop explaining soothing mid-sentence, when you turned to face Nishinoya, who's breath was on your cheek.

Your face heated up immediately.

"N-Nishinoya-san?!" You squeak.

"(Y/N)..." He whispers, his voice suddenly and unusually quiet and soft, "I really really like you. I've liked you since I first saw you walk through that door. You were just so different, so quiet, so sweet and shy. You reminded me of a Sakura tree swaying slowly in the breeze. I like you, scratch that, I love you." He says, his face tinting pink, "Can I, can I kiss you?"

Your eyes widened in shock.

And a smile curled in your lips as you said,

"Of course."