All an Act? || Yamaguchi Tadashi x Reader

You were a victim of bullying. People would shove and push you in the hallways, would trip you at lunch, and would steal your things, but that was over two to three years ago, and now, as you stand in front of the gates of your new school, Karasuno, you decided that you'd be a whole new person. That you'd be stronger, faster, smarter.

And most of all, free. Free like a bird in the midsummer breeze, free like the wind, free to be no longer teased.

You've changed since then, not just emotionally, but physically as well.

You trained, ran, and expertise in almost every sport, however your all time favourite, would have to be volleyball.

The excitement, the glory, the pressure, it shook you to the core in pure gold adrenaline.

As you entered the gates, you took in a deep breath, exhaling loudly. You were a first year, and slightly worried.

But you didn't let any of it show. You plastered a confident look on your face, and each one of your steps was filled with pride.

'It's go big or go home. Act small, and you'll be treated small.' You thought to yourself.

~Time Skip~

You already were in your class. You wanted to sit in the front, being noticed is one sure way of avoiding bullies, but since you enrolled near the middle of the year due to your parents job, your seat was already chosen for you, near the back.

You sighed.

"Class, we have a new student from Tokyo! Please, introduce yourself." Your homeroom teacher motioned.

You walked up to the centre of class.

"Sup, my name is (L/N) (F/N), but you can all just call me (F/N), I'm not that used to being called by my last name." You said with confidence, bowing.

"Nice to meet you." You finally say.

As you walked to your seat, you heard whispers.

You gulped, slightly scared, but was happy with what you ended up overhearing.

"She's so pretty!" You heard a girl say.

"Man, she totally hot." You heard another guy say.

And finally,

"She's from Tokyo? Lucky! It must be nice with all the malls and stuff!"

You started blushing from the compliments. You decided, to act confident at all costs. To always be happy, to always smile, even when you don't really want to. That's how you survive in this world, where the sad and the lonely are devoured.

You sat down. Luckily, you had a window to your left. You lived looking out the window during class, just wanting to get a glimpse of the outside world continuing its daily routine while you were in class.

Then, a guy to your right introduced himself.

"I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi! Nice to meet you (F/N)-San!" He said, smiling while reaching out his hand for a shake.

"Hi Yama-kun!" You say, watching a blush creep onto his freckled cheeks, "It's good to know that people actually listened to me up there." You pointed out him calling you by your first name, smiling and shaking his hand.

"Y-yeah. Of course I did." He smiled bashfully.

'He's pretty cute' you thought.

"Oh! And this guy next to me is Tsukishima Kei!" Yamaguchi said, pointing to a kid with blonde hair and glasses.