ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ FᏆᏙᎬ

Back in the United States-

It was all over the news: Tony Stark alive. Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan, two of Tony's closest business associates and friends, we're there to see him arrive at the army's airport.

They waited patiently as the plane landed and the giant hanger doors opened. There they could see their boss and his friend Rhodes by his side.

A sling held his right arm and some small cuts were visible on his face. What happened next: they did not expect.

"Maddie, come on sweetie. We are here," they heard him call to his left. Confused at first before they saw a small girl walk cautiously towards Tony. Pepper held in a gasp and Happy shifted his weight uncomfortably.

Both the men watched as Maddie made her way towards them, hands extended out to guide her. She bumped into Rhodes and he took her hand, leading her around him and to Tony.

Maddie entwined her fingers with Tony and together, the three walked down the ramp. Pepper smiled as she tried to hold back tears.

"There's a step here so," Rhodes said to Maddie.

"Yeah, just be carful," Tony added.

They stopped and let Maddie take the step before continuing. Tony immediately noticed the medics coming towards them and said:

"Are you kidding me with this? Get rid of it," and they were dismissed immediately. "Come on kiddo." Rhodes then left them and went back to work.

Maddie hid behind Tony cause she knew he was important and there would be at least one person there to greet him back from the land of the dead.

"Your eyes are red. A few tears for your long lost boss?"

"Tears of joy," Maddie perked up in shock because the voice was the voice of a woman. "I hate job hunting."

"Yeah, well vacations over," Tony said. "Guys," he said looking down at Maddie as she played with his coat. "This is Maddie- I never did get a last name," he told her.

"I don't have one," she said quietly.

"Whatever. This is Maddie and she saved me," Tony said. "She'll be staying with us until we can find her family. Maddie, these are my employees: Happy and Pepper Potts."

Pepper gave a small wave but saw that nothing happened. Happy gave a nod and a smile and again, nothing happened.

"We'll talk about it later," Tony finished.

In the car-

"Where to sir," Happy asked?

"Take us to the hospital please," Pepper said but was cut off by Tony.

"No."

"No? Tony. You and Maddie have to go to the hospital," Pepper argued as Maddie found the seatbelt and strapped herself in.

"I don't have to do anything. I've been in captivity for three months. There are two things I want to do. First I want an American cheeseburger. And the other-."

"That's enough of that," Maddie seemed to giggle at Pepper's response.

"It's not what you think. I want you to call for a press conference."

"Press conference. What on earth?"

"Hogan drive. Cheeseburger first," Tony said.

After their successful trip to Burger King, they made it to the press conference Tony had requested.

Outside the car, a good friend of Tony's Obadiah Stane greeted them with open arms. Tony got out, wiping his mouth from the greasy hamburger.

"Look at this huh? I thought we were going to meet at the hospital. Look at you. A burger. You had to have a burger? You get me one of those," Obadiah asked with a smile.

"There is only one left and I need it," Tony was escorted inside. Crowds of press filled the room as he made his way to the podium.

"Mr Stark, would you like Maddie to wait back here," Pepper called and Tony shook his head and continued to led Maddie up with him along with Obadiah.

"Let's get this started," Stane said through the microphone and looked down to see Tony sitting down, relaxing against in with Maddie at his side.

"Hey would it be alright if everyone sat down? Sit down. Then you can see me and I can see you. A little less formal," Tony asked and the crowd did as he pleased. "Good to see you," he said to Obadiah as he sat sat down with him.

"Good to see you," Obadiah returned.

"I never got to say goodbye to dad. I never got to say goodbye to my father. There are questions I would have asked like what he thought of this company. If he was conflicted. Or maybe he was every inch of the man we remembered in the newsreels. I saw young Americans killed. By the very weapons I helped create to defend them and protect them. And I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability," he said.

Some reporters raised their hands and one just spoke:

"What happened over there?"

"I had my eyes open," Tony stood to his feet leaving Maddie and Obadiah alone on the floor. "I can to realize that I had more to offer this world than just making things to blow up. And that is why (effective immediately) I am shutting down the weapons manufactured division of Stark International," everyone shot up and began asking questions and snapping photos.

Maddie even got a little scared as they pursed them. She fell back and tripped over the corner of the podium, landing on her bum.

"Until such a time as I can further decide which direction this company ought to take. What I'm comfortable with and what is the highest good for this county as well," Tony was pushed carefully away by Obadiah and grabbed Maddie's hand, helping her up before they left the conference.

"What we should take away from this is Tony's back! And he's healthier than ever...," Obadiah rambled on.

"Pepper, take Maddie home and show her the house. I'm going to the factory. Happy, let's go," he said leaving Maddie with Pepper.

"I-I. Well," she looked down at Maddie who look forward, waiting for something to happen. "Let's go," she said sweetly, taking Maddie's hand.

Maddie could wait to finally be in a home. Have a sense of belonging. Though at the same time, she was a little scared.