The long distance home

I'd hoped the shower was for relaxation and the fact that there wouldn't be anything to give me stress of any kind. I twisted my hair into a bun and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me and water dripping from my wrung hair.

A rap on my new bedroom door made me sigh and I thought it was Tyler until I heard a light giggle on the other side. "It's Domonique, Sweetie!" She called through the door and my eyebrows came together in worried wonder.

"Just a second!" I called, throwing pajamas on and sighing a little before opening the door. She stood on the other side in a beautiful, comfy-looking summer dress and had a non-stop, bright smile on her face. I wondered what kept her so happy. I was so morbidly opposite compared to her.

"Hey, Beautiful! Tyler wants to see you!" Domonique's sentence went downhill the more she said and another sigh escaped me. I needed to stop sighing. I was pretty much used to Domonique calling me names that were much too nice to suit me and it radiated off her personality with every word she said.

My smile faded away when she said Tyler's name and the fact that he wanted to see me. Lately, the idea of Tyler scared me in more ways than him being a killer. The thought of him made me sink low into my feelings and I couldn't escape the thoughts that came with them. He was strange and disturbed in a way that his poison managed to sink into my heart.

"Sorry, Babe," She laughed, pulling out of my warm room and into the drafty hall. "If we have enough time before or after dinner, you and I will go shopping!" She squealed excitedly at the thought before pushing me through a door not that far from my room.

I stopped short in my tracks to find myself in a room similar to mine, with red wallpaper, marked with black, carved swirls; half of the walls were covered in band posters. There was a small, dusty T.V., a big bed and a couch which was occupied by the only boy that could take my breath away and keep it until I fainted.

He sat up immediately, putting on a brilliant, crooked smile.

Tyler asked with a soft expression. "Still like my home?"

"Love it." I corrected him, a smile playing on my lips.

"Love..." He nodded, looking down and thinking about something I couldn't understand. Was there something else behind my love for his home? Was I not supposed to love his home? "That's right." Tyler confirmed. He looked up, giving me those eyes that he gave me when he was thinking about his life that I didn't know.

My heart was beating at an unruly fast pace as I looked at his perfect, shining features as it was; then, I began to think about his secret.

"Good. That's wonderful." He got up, took two steps, pondering again, and turned to me. "I suppose you want to know that secret." He treated the words on his lips as if it were a plague. I knew he'd been dreading the promise he made me, just to get me off his back about it. I felt horrible about eavesdropping, taking his personal information and forcing him to give in and tell me things he probably never intended for me to know.

I sighed, sitting on his couch. "You don't have to tell me." I twiddled my fingers, not looking at him, but I felt his eyes on me. I'd told him this, but I wanted to know so bad! "I mean, it's your personal information. I can't just..." I didn't finish and Tyler knew what I was saying.

He sighed, "What time is it?" I felt a bit surprised at his change of subject.

"Uhm," I started and realized I didn't have my phone with me like I was used to when I needed to check the time. I picked up Tyler's phone and turned on the light to the home screen. "Seven fifteen." And I realized I had gotten in trouble the last time I had his phone in my possession, but, he merely nodded as I handed him his phone.