|The Kidnapping 2|

"Okay, Botan, what the hell type of explanation did you give Keiko!" I tell the blue-haired girl before me and has the gull give a doe-eyed look.

"She thinks I'm a freaking intern at a screwed-up after-school program. For Juvenile delinquents!" I yell at her, and she instantly gets in my face, eyebrows furrowed downwards.

"Well, I had to make up something believable for your absence without mentioning the supernatural!" Botan yells in my face. I clench my teeth, and my eyes narrow when they meet hers. She doesn't back down and keeps her eyes at the same level as mine.

"A basic tenant of Spirit World can't properly run if humans have proof of it!" Botan yells. I slump forward a bit.

"Well, you made me sound lame-."

"Enough already!" We both turn our heads to an annoyed Kuwabara, even though his yelling was enough without the facial expression.

"Can we please just watch the video without arguing? You're going to annoy my sister!" I groan at his words, looking forward, and I can feel Botan taunting me somehow. I turn to look at her only to see she plays innocent.

"Plus, Botan is right. Keiko is not supposed to know about it. The truth will only get her in trouble. You should care more about her safety than some stupid cover story.

"I love being tag-teamed." I sigh, and Botan smiles widely at Kuwabara.

"Oh, thank you, Kuwabara, you're very wise!" Botan praises Kuwabara. He instantly becomes very sauve for some reason.

"What can I say, Botan? You and I seem to be a perfect match in every way." Botan's smile instantly strains with a nervous laugh, and Kuwabar directs his attention to me.

"Now, Urameshi, before I press play, whatever type of mission it is, there is no way I'm getting involved!"

"Okay, Okay! Just start the tape!" I demand, and Kuwabara presses play on the remote control. The TV instantly shows a production intro of Koenma with an ogre as we look at the screen.

"They go all out, huh?"

"Yeah," I mumbled to Kuwabara. Koenma turned around in a chair with his big child eyes looking at us with a concealed smugness.

"Welcome. How do you like my video? The Great Koenma, Ruler of the Spirit World, has yet another important case for you. This mission is going to be another doozy. Hopefully, you will survive. By the way, don't worry about people entering the room. This video is specially encrypted and will sound like an annoying buzz to anyone without heightened spirit awareness." The camera zooms into Koenma's face for a dramatic effect.

"Now your mission is a search and rescue. Without the searching, watch my magic snap." With a snap of Koenma's fingers, the frame changes to a forest.

"Spirit World intelligence reports that the captive is being held in a mountain stronghold around 200 miles from your city. And not being of driving age, you'll have to take the bus." Koenma's voice tells us as the camera pans over the forest before switching to looking up at the sky through the trees.

"The mountain is a base for criminal activity. Normally I don't mind that, but the humans have made some ties with some nasty demons." The frame changes to a book going over some apparition.

"The captive's name is Yukina, and she's an ice apparition, very rare. Equally rare are the jewels she can produce. That's why the criminals captured her. Hoping to profit from Yukina, forcing her to make these jewels at an unnatural pace, and by force, I mean torture." A mansion is on the screen, zooming in on a specific tower with several paper slips on a window.