Part 9

Mrs Beauregarde was taken away to the juicing room so her blown up daughter could be squeezed, like a little pimple.

Mr Wonka turned to the group whilst they watched little Violet being rolled away.

"Come on, let's boogie! Without the boat, we'll have to move double time. There's far too much to see." He said before walking over to a long creamy coloured corridor.

Juliet stared at the man's back as he walked with perfect posture. A sudden poke in her side brought her attention to her little brother by her side, looking up at her curiously.

"Do you like him?" He forwardly asked, Shocking his poor sister in halting for a second before running back up to Charlie.

He smiled up at her with mischief in his eyes.

"N-No." She said unconvincingly, refusing to make eye contact.

Charlie snickered into his hand as Juliet playfully pushed his shoulder.

Charlie and the other remaining kids went on to question Mr Wonka with various questions. The poor man looked slightly overwhelmed and uncomfortable.

Charlie had started another flashback for him as well it seemed, Mr Salt and Mr Teavee took a step back with their kids pushed close to them.

Juliet looked on, confused and concerned to what could be troubling him.

Mr Wonka snapped out of it and apologised for his absence from earth before leading the group to the nut sorting room.

He stopped in front of the large round door. Mr Salt read the print on the front and smugly walked up to Mr Wonka.

"Ah, this is a room I know all about! You see, Mr. Wonka, I am in the nut sorting business." Mr Salt said with his nose in the air. He handed Mr Wonka his business card and looked toward the door.

Mr Wonka immediately threw it over his shoulder without reading it, getting a rather loud giggle from Juliet.

"Are you using the Hammermax 4000 to do your sorting?" Mr Salt asked, ignoring the sudden hysterics from the girl.

"No....you're really weird" Mr Wonka childishly laughed.

He leads them into the Nut Sorting Room. The sounds of nuts being shelled at rapid rates can be heard. Thousands of squirrels shell the nuts.

The group walked into the room revealing a large round shaped area. A painted spiral on the floor lead to a big dark hole in the middle.

Veruca looked around the room and smiled largely "Squirrels!"

"Yeah, squirrels. These squirrels are specially trained to get the nuts out of their shells." He explained.

Juliet looked over the place and smiled, the animals were just adorable.

"Why use squirrels? Why not use Oompa Loompa's?" Mr Salt asked, baffled with his method of sorting.

"Because only squirrels can usually get the whole walnut out every time. You see how they tap each nut with their little knuckles to make sure it's not bad? Oh, look! I think that one's got a bad nut!"

Everyone looked to the squirrel he was pointing at. The animal knocked the nut three times listened for any noise. None could be heard by his little ears and he immediately threw it over his shoulder, toward the black hole.

"Daddy, I want a squirrel. Get me one of those squirrels. I want one." Veruca, not so much asked but ordered her father, who looked tired and at a loss of what to do.

"Veruca dear, you have many marvellous pets." Mr Salt tried persuading.

"All I've got at home is one pony and two dogs and four cats and six bunny rabbits and two parakeets and two canaries and a green parrot and a turtle and a silly old hamster! I want a squirrel!" She yelled stubbornly, stomping her foot.

Mr Wonka raised his eyebrows at the girl.

"Well at least if they ever run out of money, they could just sell those animals and make it all back" Juliet mumbled to Grandpa Joe who nod his head in agreement.

Veruca heard the comment and glared at the brown haired woman.

Mr Wonka looked away from the scene as to not laugh himself.

"Alright pet. Daddy'll get you a squirrel just as soon as he possibly can" Mr Salt said, defeated and also gaining the attention of his daughter again.

"But I don't want any old squirrel. I want a trained squirrel" the little girl said, trying to sound sophisticated.

Mr Salt looked down at his daughter almost pleadingly and sighed "Very well. Mr. Wonka, how much do you want for one of those squirrels? Name your price."

Mr Wonka looked down to the girl, she gave him a bright fake smile as if to say she were innocent.

He pursed his lips and looked back at Mr Salt with a small smirk "oh they're not for sale. She can't have one" he said, leaving no room for discussion.

Almost immediately, Veruca's bright smile disappeared and replaced itself with a heavy glare. The girl almost gave Juliet a whiplash at the sudden change of behaviour.

Veruca turned back to her father "Daddy." She said with venom in her voice.

Mr Wonka rolled his eyes inwardly and mimicked Mr Salt's voice almost perfectly "I'm sorry darling, Mr Wonka's being unreasonable"

Juliet laughed out loud at this, causing another heated glare to be thrown her way from Veruca.

"If you won't get me a squirrel, I'll get it myself" she stubbornly said to her father and crawled through the blue fence leading to the squirrels.

"I don't think she realises, this would count as stealing" Juliet said which made Mr Salt evermore anxious.

Juliet sheepishly smiled an apology at him as he turned white as paper.

"I say my dear, you do have a way with words" Mr Wonka said sarcastically in a jokeful manner.

Juliet raised an eyebrow at him "like you're any better"

He abruptly stopped laughing and looked away from her, sulking.

Charlie laughed at the two though everyone's attention was quickly captured again to the little girl being swarmed by squirrels.

"Well then" Mr Wonka sighed and began looking through a keychain with thousands of keys hanging off it.