Part 7

Augustus Gloop had been sucked into the pipe and wouldn't you believe it? He got stuck!

After a wonderful song performed by the Oompa Loompa's, Juliet trying to sing along and dancing to it along with Mr Wonka, Mrs Gloop was taken to the fudge room.

"I do say, that all seemed rather rehearsed" Mr Salt said in his posh accent.

Like they knew it was gonna happen" Mike Teavee said with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh poppycock" Mr Wonka muttered.

"Mr Wonka" Charlie spoke up.

"Huh?"

"How would Augustus' name already be in the Oompa Loompa song unless they-"

"Improvisation is just a parole trick. Anyone can do it." He said and then pointed to Violet "you, little girl, say something. Anything"

After a few seconds of chewing with her mouth open she said "chewing gum"

"How original.." Juliet muttered to Charlie who snickered.

"Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most. See? Exactly the same." He said with his chin up high and smile on his face.

"No it isn't" Mike said as though Mr Wonka was an idiot.

Mr Wonka looked at the boy, grinding his teeth "uh. You really shouldn't mumble because I can't understand a word you're saying" he tightly smiled at the boy.

"Now, on with the tour" he says and walked away with the group close behind him.

"Were the Oompa Loompa's really joking grandpa Joe?" Charlie questioned in concern.

"Of course they were, Charlie" the man says unconvincingly to which Juliet giggled at her Grandpa's fallen face after Charlie turned away.

"Don't worry Joey, he'll be fine I'm sure" she reassured the old man with a side hug to which he gratefully returned.

As the group were waiting by the lake, Mr Wonka looked over to Juliet, witnessing the Buckets' little scene and smiled.

A large ship made of candy came around the corner with half the boat manned by the Oompa Loompa who proceeded to laugh at the group when the boat came to a stop in front of them.

Blowing a bubble with her gum "what's so funny?" Violet asked.

Mr Wonka leaned down to the two little girls in the group "I think it's from all those doggone cocoa beans. Hey, by the way, did you guys know that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins, which gives one the feelings of being in love!" He smiled brightly and glanced in Juliet's direction. The girl turned pink when she noticed him looking at her.

"You don't say" the flirty and sultry voice Mrs Beauregarde interrupted.

Mr Wonka looked over to her and cringed slightly. He shakily laughed it off "All aboard!" He yelled.

The group got in and Mr Wonka made sure to sit at the back with Juliet and her family, far away from Mrs Beauregarde.

He sat next to her and turned to see her trying not to laugh.

He jokingly glared at her "it's not funny" he mumbled.

"It's quite funny. I do say, you two make a wonderful couple" she chuckled silently.

Mr Wonka made a disgusting face and shoved her shoulder with his, only causing her to laugh more.

Eventually silence fell upon the boat and Mr Wonka looked at the participants. None of them seemed fit to take over his factory, though the boy, Charlie, sure seemed to have some potential. Mr Wonka could only hope he would last.

Pulling out a long ladle from nowhere, he scooped up some chocolate from the river and handed it to Juliet "Here, some of this will do you good, you look starved to death."

Juliet politely took the ladle and had a sip, Mr Wonka waiting for her reaction.

Swallowing the delicious chocolate, she groaned with delight "it's amazing!" She said before passing it on to Charlie.

Juliet felt awfully nervous sitting next to the man. He smelt divine and his clothes were extremely neat, she was afraid of touching him in case she messed up his outfit.

Everything about the man radiated power and excitement. A strange combo really.

Her shoulder brushed against his. The warmth she felt from just a small touch was enough to sent her over board. Juliet couldn't help but lean again him slightly, which he noticed of course.

He inwardly did a happy dance and placed a hand on her lower waist, where no one could see. He felt her tense and was about to remove his hand when she fully relaxed into him.

He smiled down at her as she kept looking forward, too shy to look up at him.

Charlie passed the ladle back to Mr Wonka "it's great!" He stated with a large grin.

"That's because it's mixed by waterfall. The waterfall is most important. It mixes the chocolate- churns it up, makes it light and frothy. And by the way, no other factory in the world-"

"You already said that" Veruca rudely interrupted.

Mr Wonka tighten his hand, clenching the glove around it. He tensed up as everyone looked at him, the awkwardness was almost unbearable.

A small hand being placed on his hand that was holding Juliet's waist knocked him back to reality as he looked down at her. She gave him a gentle smile which gave him all the confidence he needed.

He leaned back and looked down at the kids "you're all quite short, aren't you?"

"Well yeah, we're children" Violet said.

"Well that's no excuse, I was never as short as you" he smugly stated. Juliet shook her head in amusement at the man.

"You were once" Mike said as if he were speaking to a child.

"Was not. Know why? Because I distinctly remember putting a hat on top of my head. Look at your short little arms, you could never reach." He hmphed and rose his chin.

Juliet laughed at his antics and looked to Charlie, he frowned at the man "do you even remember what it was like being a child?" He questioned.

Juliet also wondered what happened in Mr Wonka's life to make him so odd, Though she couldn't complain, she quite liked it.