7

September 27, 2017
Los Angeles, California
2:33 PM
Onika

I sat quietly in this booth as I stared off into space, I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to come to brunch with Hakeem, Robyn was going to kill me if she finds out about this. "Why you so distant?" I looked up from my hands looking over at Hakeem as he looked through the menu.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Well because your out with me..I wanna get to know you.."

"For what? I'm your boss, and your my model..what's to know about me?"

"Anything that intrigues me.."

"Why are you so eager to know about me?"

"Well shouldn't an employee know a little about their boss?"

"No." I said rolling my eyes. I felt vibration on my thigh for the third time today, this was probably Robyn constantly calling me, but I'd keep sending her to voicemail because I didn't want to talk to her.

"I don't recall.. I think so.."

"Of course you'd think that."

"Ok ok...let me start it off, I'll tell you some stuff about me then it can go on from there..deal?"

"Whatever Hakeem." He nodded his head closing his menu.

"Well firstly, I'm from New York..been in modeling for about two years now and graduated from Harvard university. I'm 24 happen to have my degree in engineering-"

"Pause." He smirked raising his eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"You have your degree in engineering but you want to model?"

"Absolutely, I've been told I should just become a model instead of a engineer.."

"Engineers get paid so much more if you really think about it.."

"You think so?"

"Well yea..I mean I'm a entrepreneur, I took a risk with having my own business and you see how much I make a year just for running my own business?"

"Thousands.."

"Try millions..I have other companies in other cities as well, one in Miami and another in Barbados..that's twice as much more than possible.."

"So your saying is I should just let this modeling shit go huh?"

"No..if that's what you like to do them do it."

"Wow.."

"What?"

"We're actually having a conversation.." I chuckled shaking my head. He smiled at me crossing his hands.

"I guess.."

"It's nice though..to have a conversation about what you love and what you want to accomplish in life." I nod my head slowly.