[chapter ten]

The day dragged on, especially since Tony walked around, taking over Steve's assigned job. Everything in S.H.I.E.L.D. seemed to point directly back to Iron Man himself, a certain meeting room, a water dispenser... even the ladies toilets. Tony was definitely in his element.

"And here is the brilliant laboratory where the brilliant Dr Banner completes his brilliant work!" Tony cried, throwing his hands towards the doctor picking at some sort of liquid with a spatula.

He peered up with a smile, "Be sure not to touch anything that shows any significance," He warned with a friendly grin. He didn't seem like such a huge, green, angry monster on the inside.

"So that means pretty much everything?" I chortled, my finger tracing along the side of the tables. I ducked my head under a large screen in the middle of the walkway and over to a window that scanned several desks and important people rushing around with papers. It looked incredibly familiar.

"Like it?" Tony whispered into my ear, making me jump slightly, "The new S.H.I.E.L.D. facility was based from the helicarrier so people could be reminded of the job us Avengers went through to save the Earth..." I tugged on my lip and placed my palm on the window, a surge of positive energy racing through the course of my veins. But it wasn't power; it was some sort of feeling, "It's a shame you didn't join us."

I turned to face Tony with a smug grin, "Well, I was going through a... bit of a rough patch, you know?"

"I guess you can say I have since the battle of New York," Tony muttered, drifting his gaze over the working S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel, "But, it's nothing I can't handle."

"Yep..." I nodded unwarily and I wandered away from him and over to a stand. It held some sort of scepter with a blue bulb glowing brightly. I became completely entranced by its appearance. I reached out and brushed my fingertips against it and my mind jolted.

Hello?

I found myself lost and confused, as if my mind had been taken from my body. Everything seemed unfamiliar.

Celeste?

"Loki?" I whispered hoarsely.

Celeste... how are you communicating with me?

I peered down at the sceptre and shook my head, "I-I don't know. I just touched the scepter in front of me in Banners lab."

My scepter? That is quite strange... I overcome the power of the Tesseract a long time ago. How is it that I can still communicate with it?

"I don't know!" I chuckled, "You were the one with the scepter."

How is it going?

I smiled, "Swimmingly. Everything is on the right track and every single one of them are trusting me."

That is good news. Any doubts?

"Clint..." I said straightaway, "Banner, Thor... That should be about it. Other then that nobody-"

"Celeste!"

I was brought back to the familiar face of earth and it felt like my mind had been placed back in its natural position. I shook my head and stepped away from the scepter as Dr Banner ran over, "This alien staff emits powerful levels of gamma radiation. It's powered with the Tesseract! What did I say before?"

"I-I'm sorry..." I muttered, still feeling a bit unbalanced, "Truly I am."

"First day on the job and Sparky almost unleashed the Hulk!" Tony laughed loudly, slamming his palm against the doctor's back.

"Tony..." Steve grumbled, warning him to step away, "I-Uh... How about we give Dr Banner some space. Let Celeste clear her head."

Tony agreed, "I want to see what this girl can do! Let's take her to the training facilities! Come on, Celeste!"

I nodded and followed on, Tony leading the way with pride. I watched Banner as he glared at me, upset with the fact that I had touched his equipment. I tried on my best smile, but he didn't change. He kept frowning and his fists clenched, trying so hard to keep the monster inside.

***

Steve shut the iron door behind him and I wandered into the centre. It was a square-like room and quite large, fit for testing powers such as mine. Tony grinned, "Lets see what Miss Flare here can do!"

I flicked my fingers sharply, and as my fingers made contact, a bolt of electricity throwing itself upwards. The two men watched in awe as I threw my arm back and then catapulted it forward, a large array of electricity flying down the room.

"Who-ho-ho!" Tony marvelled, clapping in applaud, "Another!"

"I don't think this is the smartest idea..." Steve whimpered, his arms crossed. He was right, it wasn't... but it was definitely fun.

Tony tilted his head back with an eye roll, "Lighten up, captain!" He ordered before turning to face me, "What do you even see in that bummer anyways?"

I shook my head as my cheeks tinted the slightest shade of red, "Oh! Steve and I? We're not... I mean... We only just met."

"You two seem like a teenage couple! Now... show me another magic trick..." He said softly, gesturing for me to start.

I ran my tongue over my upper teeth, thinking of what to show the two. I gathered an orb of electricity in my arm and threw it across, breaking into a sprint towards it. I reached the end and the strike sparked into my chest. I winced only slightly but shrugged with a smile, "No damage."

"You... You can almost run at the speed of light!" Steve exclaimed with his eyes widened.

"Eh... not exactly. Just as fast as the speed of light-ning..." I explained. I whipped up bolts around my body and it made a twister around me, "It can deflect anything and cause major destruction!" I called over the top of the storm. I paused and it stopped, making me teleport towards the men, "And do that."

"Can you control the weather?" Steve questioned, purely intrigued with my abilities.

I shook my head, "Unfortunately, no. You're gonna have to leave that one to the almighty Thor."

Steve raised his hand and numbered off my abilities, "She can shoot bolts of electricity, run fast, absorb power, make a cacoon-like electricity... thing... and teleport! I say she's fit to be an Avenger!"

"No," A voice said sternly. The boys turned around to see Clint standing in the doorway, and I had only just noticed him then, "She can't be an Avenger. She's a force of destruction. How can she possibly be trusted?"

Steve frowned, "I trust her and so does everyone else. Why can't you wake up to the fact that she's here to stay?"

"She's with the enemy, she's spoken to Loki in the chambers," Clint barked, rage firing in his eyes, "None of you know the horrors I've been through with that Asgardian. Who knows? Celeste, right now can be under his spell once more. She shouldn't be in the Avengers."

"I should be," I argued, stepping through so I could be seen clearly, "I'm the missing piece of the puzzle, I was offered a place in the Avengers before most. Back then I refused, because I didn't know my true potential. I was lost and I'm sure all of you were to when you weren't sure of what you had become. But right now, Hawkeye, I'm an Avenger. Like it or not."

[A/N]

Haha yes I'm putting a authors note in now. Sorry I'm so stupid I was going to when I updated but I had limited time on the computer and I was like shiiiiiiiiiiiii-

So, before writing this, I was going to upload for my own enjoyment cause it was just a little idea that popped into my head. But now I have 1.8 reads?!? To many, that may be nothing. But honestly, I love the success with Villain and Taming Lies! It is so heartwarming for someone who's only been a fan for three months!

Sorry for my rant about thanks, BUT MONDAY: ONE DIRECTION. WEDNESDAY: THOR: THE DARK WORLD OMG WHAAAAATT IM SO excited YAYAYAY

K bye now. What's your OTP?