once.

red converse, splotched with areas of paint hitting linoleum floors.

this was phil lester's first impression of dan howell, the new boy.

why his shoes? because phil just had to be clumsy the first time dan howell ever walked through the school halls. fate decided that phil would trip over his feet before he met the boy who changed his life.

he was against the linoleum floors that were mentioned, hitting them from the fall.

"oh shit," he heard from next to him, seeing a pair of splotched converse. "are you okay?"

phil laughed, "yeah, don't worry. i've had worse." he looked up to see a boy pretty brown eyes and dimples looking down at him with a hand outstretched.

phil grabbed the hand before he realized what he'd done, eyes going wide.

stars. lots of stars. warm brown eyes. warm breath. warm hands wrapped around him. soothing whispers.

he got up before taking his hand away quickly as if he was burned. they stood there for a second, "uh, well, thanks." phil said quickly before turning away and heading to first period, even though he had about ten minutes until it started. he heard the boy shout "wait!" from behind him, but phil ignored it, hastily taking a sharp turn into mrs. wells' history class.

a/n: i'm soRRY I HAVENT PUBLISHED ANYTHING IN LIKE A MONTH i just do this weird thing that if i publish something i have to have the next chapter complete and school's gonna start soon and volleyball starts tomorrow

so sorry i've just been busy! i swear i'm trying