Chapter 5 ~There's nothing I can lose in a break-in that you haven't taken~

If You Ever Come Back by The Script

"What is she doing here? Is SHE the girl who Gwen was talking about?" I just stared at Taylor not able to move or speak.

The two of us stared at the other taking in the view of the other noticing the differences that had occurred. Since the last time Taylor saw me I  had grown taller, hair gotten dark and longer, skin gotten darker and with the look she had it was as though something more about me changed. Which was true because when she was with me I was more welcoming and open, but now it was alert and not as welcoming. Even my fashion sense seemed to have changed slightly; instead of wearing converse, shorts and band shirts I now wear tank tops and flip flops with swim trunks. Not only had I changed, but Taylor had too. Her hair now was super sort and all of her hair was black save for her bangs which were blonde. She was wearing a baggy t-shirt and large jeans unlike her usual close fitted shirt and skinny jeans or shorts.

"Hey," was all I could muster to say as I took in her new image. She didn't respond vocally but she nodded also seeming to take in me. We continued our stare off for a couple more minutes until Chris was as considerate as ever by bashing the door open nearly knocking me into Taylor. "The hell!?"

"What are you doing here?" Chris looked at me as if I grew three heads then saw Taylor and froze. He only saw a picture of her then bits and pieces of the story, but he knows how much I have to resist to not search for her and now here she is right in front of our doorstep. "Hi sorry I didn't mean you bash you two," Chris said then just walks towards the parking lot.

"Sorry about that," I apologize turning to Taylor who was now cautiously staring at my door, "Chris is the only person who lives here besides me."

She seemed to loosen up and gives me a slight smile, "so is he your..." she drifted looking at me warily.

"No! No no! He is just a roommate nothing more," I tried to hold back a laugh but it was barely impossible.

"Oh!" Taylor looked down blushing and trying to not laugh herself, "um."

"How about I take you out to get something to eat maybe?" I was holding back all the questions that were flooding my mind.

"Sure," she didn't seemed all that enthused but reached for a piece of paper and wrote down something. "Here is my number. I gotta go since I am dirty, tired and I have my dog which I am sure not many places allow dogs."

I looked at the dog that was also at my work and wondering why the hell was she there?! "Okay thanks," I took the paper and put it in my pocket, "true though there was a place near by actually I will just call you and-"

"ALEX!"

Both of us turn and see Jen, "damnit. Jen go away."

"I was just about to ask if you wanted to go out for lunch! Is that such a horrible thing," she gave me her puppy dog eyes little does she know the only puppy dog eyes that work on me are from the woman in front of me.

"Well too bad I have other plans and I would love it if you left," I said.

"Why are you always so rude to me Alex?! What have I done to deserve this? I am nice to you see," she plastered herself on my and attempted to grind which made me instantly step back.

"Hey! I don't feel like sleeping with you and would prefer you not try to get in my zone!" After a little bit of arguing/eye batting aka failing in flirting, she left and when I turned around Taylor was gone. I looked around but there was no sign for her. Again that little ray of hope was gone yanked away leaving me in the dark which made me feel, abnormal and lost all over. "Bitch," I curse Jen for ruining my probably only chance of talking to Taylor.