BHC Chapter 1 ~What~

It all started after that letter. I never got to read it or know what was in the letter but I knew one thing, it affected her a lot. She was always bubbly, smiling, laughing, and wanting to hug but now she is the opposite. Rarely she smiles, laughs and/or hugs, now its just yelling, fighting, hurt and sometimes hitting. Our life for the past two years had none of this until that damn letter, before I would hang around as long as I could, but now I can't wait to leave.

The first four months after the letter it was just her not hanging out with me as much. Of course I was curious at the sudden distance between us so I would question and try to push myself back into her way of life. That just made things worst, because next thing that happened was more yelling. I would be getting out of the shower and she would come in yelling at me telling me I took to long. I thought maybe something happened to her and she was just bottling up so then she would explode. Though the last month and a half were the worst. She began to hit me, not hard enough to leave large bruises but they hurt my feelings, myself esteem, and my view of her. We could be fighting over the dishes and who should do them then suddenly she will just slap me. And ALWAYS, right after she hits me she doesn't look at me and runs into our room and locks the door. I would then sleep on the couch and in the morning wait for her to be done in there so I can go in a get changed. Sometimes she would take forever making me late for work, but it was only a couple times. However the last two weeks I have been 30 minutes late to work because of her!

I am about to lose my job so I decided that I have had enough! I called my mom earlier today telling her that I would be spending the night at her house because I missed her. I know sounds stupid thing for a 21 year old guy to say, but you know what get into my shoes then we will talk! I love my mom and I would actually go over to her house and spend the night. She only lived a couple hours away and it was nice to see my parents since I have been living with Taylor for so long. Mom of course was thrilled to hear this and asked if Taylor was coming, my mom loved Taylor but didn't know about the recent events going on. I told her no which I could tell she was bummed, but quickly made an excuse that Taylor was busy with work and just couldn't come over. Mom understood and we hung up.

I look at the clock that hung over the mountain of all sorts of sports balls. I work at a sports store not far from the beach that was a popular surfer spot. I didn't mind working here, because I like so surf and workout which is what all this place had. This store was a little different from the local stores, instead of having people just show the equipment we also had people use them. Today was my day for work out area meaning I was the one working on the display stuff. I was working with this device that has you do crunches holding these hands with elastic attached to them then when you're up you pull both handles forward. It was a work out for sure and just by working here I got all my muscles because I know if I didn't work here I wouldn't have the abs, the calves or the biceps that I do now! Anyway I saw that it was almost closing time so I got off the machine and headed over to the showers.

I took a quick rinse then cleaned myself from the sweat that made my tan skin salty and sticky and my chocolate brown hair stick to my forehead. When I finished I dried off and got dressed. Looking into the mirror to see my dark brown eyes staring back at me as I towel dry my hair. As I put my dirty clothes into a plastic bag and stick it into my backpack I feel a towel land on my head. "DUDE!" I threw the towel off in the direction it came from, "I told you not to do that!!"

Mark looked at me and laughed, " oh come on your hair was even done!" He threw the towel into his back and put on his shirt.

"I don't give a shit about what it did to my hair! I don't what your penis hair on my hair!" I forgot to mention I'm a little bit of a germ phobic and Mark knew I was which is why he bothered me.