Chapter 4

He was an amazing tour guide, I'd give him that. We had spent the entire day enjoying the gorgeous views that Asgard had to offer. Once the sun had started setting Thor lead me back to the castle, leading me into the dinning hall for my second meal since I had arrived here. 

I was having such a good time I didn't even realize how hungry I was, and I heard the blond chuckle beside me as my stomach growled. I turned a light shade of pink, eagerly sitting down at the table, which once again was covered in an enormous feast. My dad sat across from me, in a deep conversation with Odin, who when he saw me enter with Thor winked. 

Sure I had overreacted a little this morning, but so did Thor, so we were on mutual terms now.. for the most part. During my tour I kept catching him looking at me when he thought I wouldn't notice, which I found a bit strange. Back home I never had many boyfriends, or admirers, and I didn't mind. I was better on my own, but now.... I wasn't used to the attention. 

I felt him sit down beside me, looking at him from the corner of my eye. He really was beautiful, strong... everything the stories depicted him to be. Although his arrogance did seem to get the better of him sometimes, he seemed to be a good guy. Well for my standards anyway... I quickly looked away when I felt his eyes now on my face and scooping some food on my plate. 

Throughout the entire dinner he kept his peircing gaze on me, making me completely nervous. Thor had also angled his chair toward me, though we didn't engage in much conversation. He did of course, with just about everyone in the room. I sat quietly, finishing up my food. 

But before I could go anywhere, Thor's mother wisked me away. She brought me out to the gardens, her arm looped with mine. "How do you like it here Rayne? Truthfully." I smiled, watching as some fireflies buzzed by. "Truthfully? I love it... it's a fairytale almost." I chuckle, and she smiled warmly. 

"I'm very glad you feel that way. But... there is something I need to discuss with you." She said, her tone extremely serious. I nod, "Of course... what is it?" She didn't meet my eyes, "There was another reason for your father to bring you here."

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "And what was that reason?" She sighed softly, stopping me and making me sit down on one of the marble benches along the gravel path. "You must promise me that you won't blame him..... or Odin. We all thought it was best for the both of you." 

I nod, waiting for her to continue. "Odin and I had contacted your father many years earlier, you were just a baby then..." She sat down next to me, gently taking my hand in hers. "That was why your father was so obsessed with finding this place..." I sigh, "Please, just tell me." I knew it had something to do with Thor the moment she had said it was 'best for the both of you'. 

"Your father promised us that when you came of age... that you and my son would be married." 

________________________________________________________________________________

561 words!  I hope you all enjoyed it!

I'm leaving it as a cliffhanger cause yolo but I'm sorry if this chapter is really sucky and boring. I really just needed a filler chapter haha. 

Then next one will be much longer, and with more Thor x Rayne action (;

Thank you all for being so patient with me!