Chapter 3

I kept running, not really knowing where I was going. But at this point I really didn't care, I thought I could do this, live here. But I couldn't with an asshole like that around, I finally stopped once I got deeper into the odd forest and rested against a tree. I slowed down my breathing and sat down at the base of the tree.

 I sighed and hit my head against the tree, "Why would my dad want me to live here?" I looked down at my hands, not wanting to move. "He wanted a new life for you." I looked up abruptly to find Odin, looking down at me. "I didn't mean any disrespect sir..." I said but he took my hand and helped me up and started back toward the castle. 

"I know my child. My son can be... arrogant at times but he means well." He leads me to a stable instead of back inside. "Do you like horses?" He asks motioning for me to enter the large barn, I smiled and nodded. He led me inside, stopping at one of the stables. A beautiful white horse stood inside, eating some hay. 

"What's her name?" I asked and leaned against the gate, admiring the gorgeous horse.  "She doesn't have one yet, we were waiting for the right person to come to take care of her. I feel that person is you." I turned around to thank him but he was already gone. I smiled and opened the pen, going in and petting the horse. 

The horse leaned it's head against my arm, sniffing it. I laughed and stroked it's mane, "I think I'll name you Buttercup." The horse nayed and nugged its head into my shoulder. "I think she likes you." I looked over to see Thor, leaning up against the barn door his arms crossed. "I think so too." I smiled at Buttercup and she nudged me towards the gate. 

"I think she's trying to tell you something." He chuckled and I got out of the pen, shutting the gate behind me. "What are you doing out here Thor?" I asked him and crossed my arms, having enough with his attempt at small talk. He just chuckled and shook his head, "I came out here to apologize for my behavior earlier. You were right, it was quite rude of me." 

I rolled my eyes, "Please don't pretend that you're actually sorry. I know your mother sent you out here. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do some exploring." I walked away from him and into the back door, which took me to the kitchen. I didn't realize he followed me until he grabbed my arm and pulled me back, turning me to face him. 

"My mother didn't tell me to do anything. And to make up for my rude behavior earlier, I am taking you on a tour of Asgard." I sighed but nodded, not quite believing him. He held out his arm for me to take, and I laced my arm through his. "Alright Thor, but I still am angry with you." He chuckled, "Oh don't worry, you won't be for much longer." 

_______________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't updated in forever! Everything has been super stressful right now so I haven't had much time to write. I'm sorry it's so short but I want you guys to at least have something to read until I can update next. Which will be VERY soon! (: I love you all! (: -Mariah xx.