Chapter Twenty Three

Almost forget to update. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The Icy Beta: Chapter Twenty Three

Date. Date. Date. Not that kind of date that was shown on a calendar. But the kind of ‘date’ where two individuals, a male and a female, going out together, probably to eat, hang out like a couple. We are counted as couple right? I dug piles of clothes in my wardrobe to look for some nice clothes to wear. I spreaded out the dresses on the bed. What should I wear? I realized I didnt’t have much decent clothes to wear for dates. I didn’t even know what people do in dates. I never been to a date before. Other than a few crushes here and there, some one-sided love, I didn’t have a boyfriend. And boys never asked me out. What do you call these types of people? Evergreen? A beginner in love.

I was biting my nails nervously and staring dumbly at my wardrobe. What should I wear? Where is Brayden bringing me? He did not tell me anything about the date or the destination. How should I decide what to wear? I looked at my watch. The needles were ticking nonstop. Time was running out. Brayden left me in the room alone to get myself prepared. And it had been over an hour. Then, there was a knock on the door.

“Need help?” Chloe popped her head through the door. The moment I saw her face, it was like seeing a life savior. Once Chloe opened the door entirely, Madison dashed into the room, shoved my dresses away and plopped on the bed.

“Hailey, go and take a shower first. We will help you to pick the most suitable set of clothes to wear on the date.” Ava said while walking into my room.

“But…” How did they know that Brayden and I are heading out? I wanted to protest but before I could do that, Chloe was pushing me into the bathroom and she closed the bathroom door. Guess I got no other options other than obeying them.

I took off my clothes and stepped under the shower tap. The warm water ran down my body and my muscles relaxed. After 10 minutes, I wrapped my body with a towel and stepped out of the bathroom. The 3 of them stared at me as I walked out of the bathroom. Chloe came up to me and gave me a set of clothes. Nothing fanciful, nothing grand. Just a simple shorts and a tight fitting tee. Ava helped me to comb my hair and pin it up half way.

“Great!!! You are good to go.” Madison hopped down of the bed enthusiastically and pushed me out of the room. We went down the stairs and headed into the living room.

The guys were all gathered in the living room. As Brayden saw me walking down the stairs, he stood up from the sofa and headed towards me. Let me confirm again. I wasn’t wearing any revealing clothes, just a simple shorts and a tee. Just when I took the last step down the stairs, Brayden grabbed me by my bottom and pushed me towards him. I let out an ‘oof’ when I crushed into his chest. Brayden staredgat me with some strange look and his eyes wandered down to my bare legs. OH. Does that turn him on too? I tugged a smile on my face and looked at him with a pair of sparkling eyes. A growl rumbled through his chest and a few gigglings can be heard from the background.

“Ok. Enough of the staring. Let’s go!!” Madison said excitedly and started pulling me out of the house. Eh. Wait. Everyone is going together? I turned to look at Brayden to see him frowning. He glared at them and they were all smiling sheepishly.

“The more the merrier, isn’t it?” Chase was the first to break the silence. I supposed they know where Brayden has planned to take me and they are intending to tag along?

“Hailey wouldn’t mind right? I really wanted to go too…” Madison was holding both of my hands and swinging them sideways. I glanced at Brayden. He had an unhappy look on his face. Brayden frustratedly messed up his hair. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Madison. He led me out of the house.