In Lingering Melancholy

"We're here." Yuna says as she removes her seatbelt. Hoseok removes his as well and both them goes outside the car.

"Damn. I forgot to change my clothes." Hoseok murmurs to himself while they head inside the supermarket.

Yuna hears him and smirks.

"Aren't you worried that I might escape in here?" Hoseok asks out of curiosity. Of course he has no intentions of doing such thing, but this is a great opportunity for him, if ever he does think of escaping.

"Not really." she replies. Surprisingly she really doesn't look like she's cautious with his actions. Is she just confident that he won't be able to escape? Or does she trusts his word that he won't escape? Hoseok has no idea.

Yuna grabs a cart and they start strolling around the supermarket. She tells Hoseok to grab any food that is enough for him. He gets a small sack of rice, tray of eggs, coffee, kimchi, mangoes, apples, pork, chicken and fish. He also grabs a couple of canned goods and ramen. For some weird reason he feels like he's shopping with his mom. He's the one who gets to pick the groceries, though.

Yuna just observes him. It seems to her that he keeps on picking raw food. "Do you plan to cook in the mansion?" she asks.

"Yes. Can't I?" Hoseok asks innocently. He's doomed if not. He can't eat ramen forever.

"Well, you can." she shrugs. No one uses their appliances anyways.

The grocery shopping finished in a couple of minutes. They head towards the cashier. Yuna fishes out a black credit card from her wallet which made Hoseok gawk. Yuna looks at him with disgust. "What are you staring at?" she hisses at him.

"How did you get this?" he asks, still staring at the card.

Yuna ignores him and casually gives it to the cashier who is creeped out at the person beside her. The fact that he's wearing pajamas doesn't help either.

Another staff swiftly packs their groceries as the cashier returns the credit card to her and bids them thanks. Yuna grabs the plastics by herself as Hoseok is still shocked by the sight of the rare card she owns.

"Wow, I didn't know you were that rich." he tells her.

"It's just a black card." she replies with a shrug.

He gasps. "Don't tell me you don't know how valuable that is."

"Of course I know. I just don't get why you're making such a big deal out of it. I can buy anything with this, so what?"

Hoseok just sighs in defeat. She wouldn't be able to understand him because she's a vampire. The things that humans use in their everyday life, and those that they want aren't much of an importance to them. They probably only care about their meal every other day.

Yuna places the groceries at the trunk of the car and goes inside the car afterwards. The trip going back home was quieter than when they left because Hoseok fell asleep, and it isn't even 1 in the afternoon yet.

Yuna senses it before she could even see it. Someone is following them, and it seems like it is craving to attack. She halts the car in an instant and prepares herself to a fight. Whoever it is, she doesn't care. She wouldn't even hesitate to kill it.

Fortunately she's already deep in the forest. No one will be able to see them in here. Suddenly, a shadow appears running within the bushes to her left. "Who are you?" she snaps.

The shadow keeps on running and she can hear the rustling of the leaves. "Tch. Whatever. I'm leaving." she says, irritated. Why waste her time with a freaking coward?