Chapter 6

Madison and I start to get ready for the square dance, yes we will serve snacks but I still want to dance! I put on the beautiful dark blue dress Mrs. Willmar gave me. I let my curly hair fall on my back.

"You look beautiful! You kinda remind me of someone though." Oh no! My identity will be revealed! Ok I got it if someone says something like that I would say that's weird! or something like that.

As we arrive at the square dance it seems like the whole town is there! Kids are playing around, people are dance, and the music is loud!

"Ok, are you just going to stand there or work?" Says the mayor. I sigh and start severing snacks and helping people to their needs. I then get yanked to the side.

"Want to dance?" Josh says.

"The mayor will see......" Josh cuts me off by kissing me. KISSING ME!

"I'm sorry if this is to soon, I just got upset since you moved out of our house. also sorry for not talking much I thought I would mess up and be stupid." says Josh.

"Oh your not stupid at all, your do nice and caring. Now lets go dance! I didn't learn that dance for no reason!" I say and pull him into the crowd.

About 2 hours later, while we get drinks I hear a couple coughs. I turn and see the mayor, all the blood drains from my face. "So how's work going?" he says with a snotty grin.

"Ummmm..... I will ...... ughhhh.." I am stuttering, sweat popes down my face.

"You will dance with me." The mayor states. We then go to the dance floor while he holds my hand, his fingers are long, ice cold, bony fingers. We start dancing but I'm not having as much fun as I did with Josh.

Finally the music stops and he pulls me aside. "Your so pretty." he puts a strand of hair behind my ear. A shiver goes down my spine. "I don't ever want to see you with that boy ever again, or else him and his family will be executed."

My heart stops beating and my eyes grow wide. Why did I chose The Willmars house when I first came to town? Actually why did I even run away and get myself to be a slave? I know why! To get away from my controlling parents, but actually I'm just getting controlled here. I'm such a mess! a silent tear rolls down my cheek as I fell his black eyes stare down at me.

He whispers in my ear,"Shhhhhh, shhhh don't cry. Now get to work!" I jump at the last word and hurry off to Madison.

(Authors Note: Sorry I haven't updated in forever! it's my fault because of school and sports. Don't be mad! Sorry it's a short chapter! Please vote and comment! I take suggestions!)