chapter 7

Meanwhile, back on the road...

Mr. Pig slightly swerved and turned the car around in a rather dizzy circle.

"Where did this pig get his license?" Patch asked.

"A cereal box." Penelope attempted to joke.

"I'm a wilting water fowl..." Plucky was sweating crazily and all dizzy. "Can we please stop for a glass of water? I'm starting to sweat almost as much as Uncle Stinky!"

"I could stand a pit-stop myself." Mr. Pig agreed as he stopped at a nearby gas station.

"Quickly, to the water fountain." Patch whispered to Plucky, Penelope, and Sabrina once they got to the gas station.

"Let's suit up!" Mr. Pig called.

"Suit up?" Plucky, Patch, Penelope, and Sabrina asked.

The family then wore white suits like exterminators and then went to the public bathrooms to wash it down so they could use it properly.

"Oh, you can't be serious," Patch groaned. "I say we ditch 'em as soon as possible."

"I just know that I need water and I need it now..." Penelope went up to the water fountain first. "Ladies first, Daddy would say that means me."

"If Drell says she's a lady, then I'm an Irish Setter." Sabrina deadpanned to Patch.

Patch soon used his magic to make three more water fountains to appear. Plucky was struggling a little.

Patch came up to Plucky and tried to pull him off the seat. "Man, you weren't kidding about your sweat!" Patch soon used his magic on the seat and where Plucky soon came off. "There we go..." he grunted and plucked Plucky off.

Plucky looked to see he lost a few feathers and went to get a drink with them as the Pig family used the restrooms. And where the four of them enjoyed the water coming from the four water fountains. While they drank, the family was on their way out of the stalls with flooding soap and suds.

"Ah, that's some nice water." Plucky smiled.

"You get enough?" Penelope asked. "'Cuz I'm pretty sure you won't have any again for a while."

"Yeah, I got enough." Plucky said.

"Okay." Sabrina smiled.

"Back to the car for Happy World Land!" Plucky dashed off.

"This Happy World Land better be worth it." Patch said.

"Mm-hmm." Sabrina and Penelope firmly hummed in agreement.

"Oh, it will." Plucky smiled.

Sabrina, Patch, and Penelope weren't too sure. They soon got back in the vehicle.

As they rode along, it seemed to be getting stormy now.

"Oh, just great." Penelope groaned.

"Aw, come on, Penelope, what could happen with a little rain?" Sabrina looked back.

"It's a storm." Patch said.

"You're not scared, are ya, Mutt?" Penelope teased since many dogs were brontophobic.

"No, but I do know that usually storms are a bad sign especially if one of us sees someone creepy in the middle of the road!" Patch screamed.

"Great day in the morning!" Mrs. Pig gasped. "We nearly ran over that poor man. He looks white as a sheet with fear, the least we can do is give him a ride to town."

"I don't know what it is about that guy, but he feels like he's been haunting my memories..." Plucky looked terrified of the hitchhiker.

"Oh, my..." Sabrina frowned.

"Hi there, young fella," Mr. Pig smiled and opened the door. "Need a lift? Hamton, squeeze in front with Mom and me."

"Okay!" Hamton smiled and climbed up to sit in between his parents.

"Oh, this can't be happening." Patch said.

Plucky tried to make conversation with the new passenger, but he just stared darkly and creepily at them all.

"I have a bad feeling about this guy." Patch said.

"He scares me more than Drell." Sabrina whispered.

There was then a news flash on the radio that a psychotic killer had escaped from a maximum security prison. This soon started to make Patch, Sabrina, Penelope, and Plucky nervous. As the report went on, the angrier and crazier the extra guest seemed in the car.

"Patch, quickly teleport this guy away." Penelope whispered.

"Why don't you do it?!" Patch asked.

"I'm too pretty to die!" Penelope shrieked.

"One of you just teleport this psycho out of here!" Plucky yelled.

"Focus!" Sabrina told Penelope and Patch.

The killer looked like he wanted to make meals out of the Pig family, but they somehow didn't even bother to notice or care.

"While you guys handle him, I'll send an SOS to my sweetheart Shirley!" Plucky took out a notepad and wrote on it. "Yeah! Once she sees what a spot we're in, she'll rescue our rescue!"

"Cool." Sabrina said.

Plucky then put the note right in the passing mailbox. And where quickly the note was sent straight to Plucky's girlfriend.