chapter 4

Meanwhile with Atticus and the others...

It was not dark yet, but the sun was setting as they floated along in their makeshift raft.

"It's getting late..." Cherry said. "We should get going..."

"She's right." Babs nervously agreed.

"I agree." Atticus said.

"I think we should turn around and get you guys back home..." Mo also nodded.

"What do you say, Buster?" Atticus asked.

"No way, the fun's just getting started!" Buster replied as he was laid back and excited about this whole experience.

"Okay, Atticus, please fly us out of here!" Cherry pleaded.

"Uh, yeah, Cherry, I would, but DRELL TOOK OUR MAGIC AWAY, REMEMBER?!" Atticus reminded, then gestured to his neck. "I don't even have my medallion!"

"You mean we're stuck down river?!" Cherry pulled on her hair. "This is a disaster!"

"Atticus, can't you just fly without your magic?" Mo asked.

This caused Atticus to go face-palm as he remembered he could do that. They were now passing a crooked bridge as there was a possum kid in overalls who was twanging his banjo as they drifted past.

"Well, that was cute and yet creepy." Mo said.

"Don't worry, guys, he's just trying to communicate," Buster said. "After all, music is the universal language." he then waved his one hand and grabbed Babs's hand to make her wave to the possum kid as well.

"Hmm... This music does have a certain rustic genesequa, romantic charm, if you know what I mean~" Babs said before having a dreamy look in her crystal eyes for the blue bunny.

"Uh-oh, looks like you've got yourself a problem, Buster." Cherry smirked.

Buster seemed to panic and then suddenly, Babs pulled him into her arms and started to kiss him all over his muzzle.

"Buster Bunny, are you falling for me?" Babs smiled dreamily as she stroked his ears.

"Uh, you might say that!" Buster replied nervously as they were now going over a waterfall.

"Okay, Atticus you might wanna keep us from falling please." Mo begged.

Suddenly, before anything else could be said or done, someone flew in and saved them from falling.

"Superman?!" Atticus asked in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Mo asked.

"Hey, pal, this is our story!" Buster glared at the superhero.

"Yeah, get your own fan fic!" Babs added in.

"It's your call..." Superman shrugged and dropped them all out of his arms.

"Okay, that must be the Superman in this world." Atticus said before stopping mid-air flying in the air before catching Buster, Babs, Mo, and Cherry.

Cherry kept screaming and covered her eyes, but then looked once she was caught in mid-air. Buster and Babs were about to tell Atticus this was their show again until they saw that they would have plummeted to the bottom of the waterfall.

"Oh, Atticus, you're so brave and strong..." Mo swooned.

"Why thank you, Mo." Atticus said, acting heroic as he got them all down to the bottom safely.

Mo giggled and squealed.

"Gag..." Cherry rolled her eyes at the two's interaction. "I don't know why I put up with you freaks."