chapter 1

Cherry, Atticus, Mo, Sabrina, Penelope, and Patch stared at the clock as it seemed to tick very slowly. It was almost 3:00 and then they would be out for the best three months of their lives; Summer Vacation. They were also hoping for a vacation away from any of their usual tasks and adventures, but knowing their lives, that would not be, so they would attempt to make the most of it.

"Come on." Atticus whispered.

Cherry stretched her fingers out and she seemed to claw against her desk. The teacher was going on for a while, but there seemed to be no point since this was the last day of school.

"Come on, come on." Patch whispered.

Mo had a lot of trouble sitting still in her seat.

"Uh, sir, excuse me, but the clock?" Sabrina raised her hand.

The teacher looked up to see there were ten seconds until 3:00 which meant it was time for the students to count down until the clock would strike and the final bell of the year would ring. "Oh, yes, please continue."

"Here we go." Penelope smiled.

The students then counted down from ten and once they got to one, the clock struck 3:00 and the final bell rang and the students cheered in response and ran out of the classrooms like there was no tomorrow.

"Hey, settle down!" Ms. Magrooney came out from his classroom.

"Yeah, it's only the end of the school year." Mrs. Crudup added with a scoff.

The two then looked to each other and laughed in victory. "THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR?!"

"Finally! Summer vacation!" Patch smiled.

"Three whole months of fun!" Atticus laughed as he danced with Patch.

After celebrating and getting out of the school zone...

"Nothing can possibly ruin this vacation, what do you guys wanna do?" Cherry asked, feeling pumped about this summer. "Go camping, have a picnic, or should we just spend the twelve weeks curled up with the television?"

"How about working for my wishes?" Drell came behind them and folded his arms.

"Work?!" Cherry spun on her heels. "Drell, it's summer!"

"Yeah, it's summer; we should be relaxing." Mo said.

"I don't think so..." Drell replied.

"Look, I'm going on summer vacation and I'm not gonna let YOU ruin it!" Cherry glared at Drell.

"None of us are gonna let you ruin this summer vacation for us, Drell!" Atticus also glared.

"Don't make me make you..." Drell glared back.

"Gotta catch us first!" Patch challenged.

"Okay, I was going to do this nicely and help you, but you're all on your own!" Drell said before zapping all of them and absorbing something powerful from them all.

"Wow, I feel dizzy all of the sudden..." Sabrina held her head.

"Me too..." Mo groaned. "What just happened?"

"I took your magic away." Drell replied as he held out a jar, even having Cherry, Atticus, Mo, and Patch's Elements of Harmony.

"Give us those back!" Atticus glared.

"Ah, ah, ah," Drell kept it out of their reach. "Not until you complete a task for me, I was going to be nice and help you, but right now, you're all on your own to Acme Acres."