FVE- Epilogue

Epilogue

    Natalee trembled as she stood before the great palace of the demons. She placed her hand over her belly as she prayed the royal family was like her late boyfriend. What would she do if they wouldn't help her right now? What if they were nothing like Mason? She had loved him dearly, and still did even now.

    She jumped a little when the doors opened and she held her breathe. The man that came out looked exactly like her beloved. Her heart cried a little as she wished again that he hadn't been taken from her.

    The man smiled and opened his arms to her as he approached. "Welcome Natalee." He embraced her as if he had seen her everyday of her life. As if this was common. That this was normal.

    As she held onto him, she started crying. "I'm sorry. I didn't know where else to go."

    "Shh... It's alight. Let's get inside and have some tea. Does that sound alright?"

    She bit her lip. "I don't know what's appropriate." Taking a step away, she looked down. "I-I'm..." Taking a deep breathe, she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "I've never been pregnant before."

    His jaw dropped as did his eyes. "You mean..."

    I gave his a small smile. "This is why I came to you." My hands when to my stomach. "You're going to be a grandfather."