FVE- Chapter 6

Chapter Six

    A giggle came out after I yelped when Nathan got that look in his eyes. You know the one a guy gets before he chases a girl. Then when he catches said girl, tosses her into the river still wearing her sundress and all. I was determined to not have him do that to me this time.

    It's been three years since they rescued me. Three years since that night Nathan kissed me. Three years since I let hope back into my heart. The night my father had put me back to bed and stayed with me the rest of the night because I couldn't let him go. And in all that time, I've not once regretted letting hope in one more time.

    Nathan has become my boyfriend even though my father was wary about us being in a relationship in the first place. But my father has gotten used to it as he's seen me improve leaps and bounds. I'm more open about everything though I get a bit flustered when the others talk about certain things that I have no clue about.

    Nira, Nathan's sister, has taken me under her wing and made me a bit girly about certain things at particular times. Just the normal girl stuff she claims. I've even started developing my own fashion style from hers. She was just too girly for me all the time.

    A playful scream came out of my mouth as Nathan grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. Neither he nor his older brother needed to worry about being too rough with me. As I took a lot growing up, I could take a lot of abuse (playful abuse) from them as if I was born a guy. They've tackled me sometimes while we played football in the backyard and none of us were scared that I was hurt because I never was.

    Nathan tossed me toward the water, but I was caught midair. My father frowned at Nathan. "You're not to mess up her dress just yet. I know how much you love getting her soaked when we first get to the river or beach we go to, but not today. Today is a bit special."

    Nathan and I looked at each other frowning. Neither of us knowing what could be so special about today. My father hasn't said anything out of the ordinary to say it was.

    My father handed me back to Nathan while setting me back on my feet. "You can have her back as long as you don't get her pretty dress messed up. If I see one speck of dirt on it, you won't be swimming with her when I say you all can."

    Turning away, my father walked over to our spot on the grassy river shore and looked at his phone. This was the first time I saw my father... worried. I didn't understand it at all either. It wasn't just worry that I saw in him, he was anxious too. Something was definitely up with him.

    Nathan turned me to him and then his lips were on mine taking all my worry about my father away. Soon I was smiling with my arms around his neck and him lifting me up by my waist. I always had the feeling that this was how girls felt having a boyfriend. The feeling of my heart pounding and soaring high with just a kiss.

    He pulled away smiled. "Now that's my girl. You look beyond beautiful when you smile."

    I blushed and let a giggle slip out as I pushed him away. "You know you're the reason I smile."

    He chuckled as he pulled me back to him. "And here I thought it was because of your father with a tiny bit of help from me."

    I looked down at his chest and started making tiny swirls with the tip of my finger. "You know you help more than that." My eyes looked up through my eyelashes and I saw him become weak in the knees. A soft small smile slipped over my lips. "I don't feel like the freak with the violet eyes anymore."

    His hand came back to cup my cheek. "And if you ever start thinking being a freak is bad, just remember you're my freak and I'm your freak." I giggled and he bent his head back down to me. Kissing me.