Chapter Two

Chapter Two 

LUNA HAILEE

It was dark now and I was still running in the woods. Someone kept trying to reach me through the mind link, but I ignored them. I wasn't ready to face anyone after what had just happened. I had just been rejected by my mate. The one person in this world that was made for me and supposed to love me unconditionally.

What wrong with me?

Am I'm ugly?

Am I a weak she-wolf? Not possible my dad was a Beta.

I had been so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice the light brown wolf running next to me. I started to growl when I recognized the scent. It was Natalie, she must have inherited her great tracking skills from her father.

"Hailee it's late, please come home." She pleaded with me through the mind-link as she ran as fast as she could to keep up with me.

"Fine." I stubbornly agreed as we changed direction and headed towards her house.

I shifted back to my human form and put on the sweatpants and a huge t-shirt that already sitting on Natalie porch.

"Hailee I really sorry about what happen." I flopped down on the porch steps, and did the only thing I could do, cry.

<><>

The sun rays gleaming through Natalie window woke me. I literally rolled out of her bed and crawled to the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror my hair was a mess, and tears stained my face.

My wolf whined all through the night making it hard for me to sleep. She was yearning for her mate's touch and comfort. But I, on the other hand, was furious. How could you reject your mate - your other half? I don't understand.

Part of me wanted to track Mason down and demands answers. Yes, I was a young she-wolf, but that doesn't mean I am not strong enough to help him lead the pack. The Moon Goddess had put us together for a reason, I was destined to be Luna of the Moonlight Pack.

After showering, I washed my face and brush my teeth. I then put my hair in a messy bun. I caked my face with makeup, trying to get rid of the bags under my eyes and all evidence of my crying. I then went to my section in Natalie's closet where I kept all my clothes just in case I spent the night and picked out black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie and black converse.

Walking down the stairs I looked in the living and there was Natalie two brothers, Jared who was 19 and now the leading tracker and Henry who was 14 playing video games.

"Happy birthday!" They both greeted me.

"Thank you," I said before going to the kitchen, where Natalie's mom Leah was cooking breakfast.

"Morning Hailee. Happy birthday!" She said coming over to hug me, "Where were you yesterday? I was waiting to give you your gift."

"Oh, you didn't have to." I waved her off.

"Nonsense, you're like a second daughter." She walked out the room to later return seconds later with a small box. "Open it!" She smiled as she handed it to me.

I opened it and inside was a charm bracelet, my mother's charm bracelet. "In middle school your mother and I got this as a symbol of our friendship, after she died I found it in the field, some pieces had to be replaced but it exactly the same."

By the time she was finished she had tears streaming down her face. I look down at her wrist where hers was, "Do you ever take it off?" I asked.

"Never." Her voice cracked.