Chapter Twenty-One

Alpha Mason

With me being an Alpha I always lead the fights against other packs or rouges but with my injuries plus my mate being persisted about me not leaving the from bed rest , I was left in bed while a group of pack fighter plus Alpha Noah and a few of his fighter left to go attack the group of rouges. They had left hours ago but I still haven't got word on if they had made it to the rogue's territory. Most of my injuries were healed but Leah said that it would be best if I stayed in bed considering the huge amount of sliver that got into my bloodstream, not to mention I still couldn't shift and it would be another few days till I was able to.

"Relax." Hailee said as she begin to massage my shoulders. "Everything is gonna work out. Sam and Alpha Noah are there, they're gonna make sure everything is fine."

Having her next to me definitely comforted me but I was still worried that something would go wrong and it would be my fault that I couldn't protect my pack.

"I sure hope so."

"How about we get some lunch?" She suggested.

I was about to reply when I was interrupted by Mark. "Alpha!"

"Mark. What's going on?"

"There's more rogues then we expected." He said making my heart monitor go off.

"Mason, are you okay?" She stopped massaging my shoulder.

"Mark what happen?"

"Ten of our wolves have died, 3 of them being from New Elite Pack. Most of the rogues got away, we only capture 2 of them."

"Burn everything and head back."

"Leah!" I yelled. She ran inside the room, "Unhook me I have shit to do." She came over and begin to unhook me from the various wires that I was hook up to.

"Mason, what happen?" Hailee asked coming in front of me.

"It's worse than we thought."

"What happen?" Ignoring Hailee I gestured for Leah to hurry up.

"Wolves died. I should have been there." She grabbed my shoulder to keep me still when I made a move to get up once Leah finished.

"Relax, this isn't your fault. What can I do to help?"

Having her this close was calming my wolf down. "Arrange the funerals of the dead wolves. I'm gonna go inform the families."

"I'll go with you. We're gonna do this together." She said leaving no room for discussion.

She grabbed a hold of my hand and together we walked to the pack house to meet with the dead wolves families.

Together we informed seven families that their mate or son had been killed during the attack. One dead wolf mate had been pregnant with their third child that had been the hardest one. Usually when a person mates died they would know right away but because they were so far apart she didn't feel their bond disperse as soon as it happen.

When Sam and the rest of the fighter returned I had dismissed them to go home and rest. A lot of them had been injured and went straight to Dr. Leah office. Noah and his pack had already returned home to inform his pack of the deaths that had occurred. He had also taken one out of the two rogues that we capture, and would interrogate him to get the needed information.

While Hailee and Kate worked to arrange the funerals of the fallen wolves I went to the underground dungeon where we held all our prisoners. When I got there the armed guard let me in and I headed to the rouges cell. From the looks of the blood that stained his shirt he had been injuries badly, and he could possibly die any minute now. But that wasn't important to me.