Chapter Twenty-Two

*NOT EDITED*

Luna Hailee

The funeral lasted the whole morning. We buried all the dead wolves in the pack cemetery that was located on the south region of the pack territory. While the funeral was going on a few of the older she-wolfs including Kate help prepare brunch for everyone in the pack. Tables were sat up in the back of the pack house.

At the Alpha's table, Mason sat at the head of the table and me on the other end, the other seats were occupied by Sam, Kate, Mark, Judi, Jared, and the families of the dead wolves. Even though Mason have yet to announce me as his mate, the whole pack knew that I'm his mate and that we were a couple.

"This have been a hard week for us. But I can promise you that, the wolves who died will be avenged." The pack howled. "Starting today we will train harder, have constant patrol, and when the time comes will we defeat our enemy."

Immediately after Mason's speech, we were able to eat then the patrol group left to go patrol the territory. Having all of the pack there was extremely dangerous considering we had a group of rouges out to get us, but Mason wanted the whole pack to attend the funeral and decided to take the chance.

Training was canceled because of the funeral, so I was left with nothing to do on this Saturday afternoon. Mason and Sam were in his office talking with Alpha Noah, apparently The Red Bloods Pack had been attacked by the same group of rouges, and they were trying to figure out a way to handle the situation.

Our pack and the Red Bloods Packs hated each other, I know it has something to do with the rogue attacked that happen years ago but I didn't know any other details.

"Hailee?" I answered the phone.

"Yes, who is this?" The number was not in my phone, so I had no idea who this was.

"Natalie, my old phone broke. Anyways, how are you? I miss you guys."

"I miss you too, thing are not the same without you." I laid down on my bed.

Since I had gotten back, I had moved back into the pack house, not officially, but most of my stuff was still here anyways so it wasn't much of a transition. The only problem was that I haven't talked to Sam and Kate about it yet, I don't think it will be much of a problem, we only moved in my parents' house to be away from Mason, but since we're back on good terms, I don't really see the issue.

"How's the pack?" She asked.

"Not good, we got ambushed eight wolves died."

The death of the wolves had taken a toll on all the members of the pack especially since days before their Alpha had been attacked, they were angry and hungry for blood.

"I heard, things aren't so good here either. Alpha Noah have put us all on lock-down because of the recent attacks, he's afraid we are next."

"What are up with these rouges, it like they find pleasure in killing pack wolves?"

From what Mason had told me there was no reasonable answer to why they were attacking packs.

"Enough with the pack politics. How are you and Mason?"

Just like me, Natalie wasn't really into pack politics, it not that we didn't care it was simply that it wasn't our area of expertise, but since we both had been mated with high ranking wolves, it was kind of hard to avoid.

"Okay..." I didn't know what to say about our relationship, we hadn't really spent a lot of time together as mates. Even though I had moved back in, Mason and I slept in different beds and on different floors. My wolf wanted to be with him, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea considering I don't know where we were at as a couple.