Chapter Two

7 Minutes In Heaven

Chapter Two

_______________________

I could already tell who were the popular girls, popular guys, the unpopular kids, the nerds, basically all the high school labels. I would probably fit in the most unpopular group. Definitely not the nerds, I'm not that great with grades.

I felt so uncomfortable, with all eyes on me. Especially with the way they were looking at me. I tried to push it in the back of my head and remember what my mom had said - to make friends.

The teacher, I'm guessing his name was Mr. Chris as it said on the board, got up from his chair and came to greet me. "Hello! Seems like you are the new addition to our school, am I correct?"

I nodded my head in response and he chuckled. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Kasey," I whispered. I was a really shy person. Especially when it came to people I didn't know.

Mr. Scarper had already left the room by now. Mr. Chris turned to the class and spoke, "Guys, say hello to Kasey." I stood there and I expected to hear synced "Hi's" but all I got was silence. Pure silence. Do you know how embarrassing that is? Very.

Even Mr. Chris look embarrassed. "Haha well," he bent down so he was leveled with my face and whispered in my ear, "ignore them, they're just shy."

Yeah, I doubt that.

He pointed to an empty seat in the back. "Go sit there, next to Daniel." I walked to the seat, not to mention everyone was still staring at me. "Daniel, show Kasey around for the rest of the week," he continued. Great, I have to be shown around like I'm in sixth grade.

When I sat down, Daniel had immediately stuck his hand in my face and smiled. "Hi! Welcome to New Ridge High," he whispered, so he didn't disturb the class. I returned the gesture and looked at him. He was hot, if I say so myself. He had chizled features, blondish hair, sort of like mine, and his eyes were like green emeralds. Wow, I guess it wont be too bad for him to show me around.

Mr. Chris cleared his throat and began to speak. "Ok guys, I know nobody likes homework on the first day of school, but this assignment will be fun. It's more of a project, I would say. And you'll be working in partners!" The class cheered in excitement when Mr. Chris mentioned the partner thing. "But," he continued, "I will be picking them. I know you probably have someone in the class that you already know and you'll be partnering up with them. Which is why I want to assign the partners, to get you guys to get to know eachother." The class then groaned. "This project is just to let me know on what you guys learned last year, since I wasn't working in this school. Don't worry though, it won't be counted against your grade." Every teacher does this, every year. They always want to know what we did last year. It's annoying.

"Ok, I will be picking now and explaining the instuctions afterwards. If you don't like your partners then... too bad. Ok, Ashley and Danielle. Jacob and Marcy. Peter and Suzie. Kasey and Daniel..." Wait, did I just hear correctly. Me and Daniel? Together? This means that we'll get to see eachother after school. Oh my God.

Daniel tapped me on my shoulder and I turned to look at him. He handed me a folded up paper and spoke. "Uh here, since we'll be working together, you'll need this." I grabbed the paper and opened it. It was his phone number and address. I bet all the girls would kill to be me right now. I ripped a sheet of paper from my binder and wrote the same information on it and handed it to him. He smiled and put it in his pocket. "I'll text you tonight," he said.

~*~

The last bell finally rang, signaling school was over. I walked to the door and took out my phone. John was supposed to pick me up. Just like he did this morning. I decided to call him instead of texting. The phone rang a couple of times until I heard John's voice. "Hey Kasey!" he yelled into the phone. "I'm too busy to talk right now. Call you later," he hung up. What is up with him? Why has he been ignoring me?

One million questions were going through my head until I was interrupted by someone. I turned around and saw Daniel standing there. "Are you gonna go home?" he chuckled. He probably noticed I was standing in the school's doorway, completely zoned out. "Uh, yeah," I answered. "My ride that was supposed to take me home never showed up. Again."

He frowned and put his hand on my shoulder. "I can take you home if you want," he offered while pulling out keys from his pocket.

Without thinking, I answered immediately, "Yes," I squealed. Oh my god. Did I just do that? I falsely cleared my throat and repeated the answer. "Uh, yeah. Sure." I tried to play it off cool but horribly failed. Daniel laughed it off and starting walking down the steps. I followed him to where his car was and stood a few inches aways. "Wow, nice car," I said admiring the blue Ferrari.

He did that cute boyish smile that made all the girls go crazy and thanked me. I was about to open the passenger's side car door but he beat me to it. Like a gentleman, he kindly opened the door for me and gestured for me to go in. I did as he said and blushed. He was so sweet. Daniel went around the car to the drivers seat and finally got in. Daniel's car had that 'new car' smell, which I loved.

Daniel started to drive and I had to give him directions along the way to find my house. After fifteen, beautiful, minutes of being in the car with Daniel, we finally arrived. I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you so much for doing this," I said. "I really appreciate it."

He grabbed and my hand and shook it. "No problem! It's the least I could do." I pulled my hand away and look outside the window to my house.

"Do you want to come inside?" I nervously asked him, since I've only known him for about 6 hours? Yeah, he could be a murderer for all I know but, who cares!

"Uh, yeah sure." He shut his car off and opened the door. We were walking to my out house when my mom suddenly decides to run out of the house hugging and kissing me. "Kasey, how was the first day of school? I can't believe my baby's in tenth grade!"

Oh my...

"Mom!" I whined, trying to pry her off of me, but she just wouldn't move. Seriously, in front of Daniel mom? I don't even think my mom knew Daniel was standing right next to me. I was to embarrassed to look at him. I've just met him, who knows what kind of first impressions he's making about me. I finally got her off of me and stepped back.

"Mom, this is Daniel," I introduced him to her. She looked embarrassed from what just happened in from of him.

"Hi Daniel, sorry for what just happened. I was a little excited," she chuckled. "My name is Emilia," she put her hand out and Daniel shook it. "Would you like to come in?"

Daniel hesitated but answered the question, "Yes please. Kasey invited me."

My mother nodded and we all went inside.

~

So how was the second chapter? Please tell me your opinions and if you liked it vote! Thanks.