Chapter One

7 Minutes In Heaven

Chapter One

Names were changed
________________________

I was woken from the obnoxious yelling I hear from my mother every morning. "KASEY, WAKE UP." Annoyed, I finally got up and went to my bathroom to get ready. Today was the first day of my new school! I need to look perfect. After taking forever to think, I decided to leave my long blondish-brown hair down and straighten it. Once I was all done, I went to my room and picked out my clothes to wear. I picked a striped blue and white shirt with a black sweater, jeans, boots, and some accessories. I checked my self in the mirror and I thought I looked nice. I put on some mascara and lip gloss and ran downstairs.

"Hey honey," my mom greeted me as she gave me my breakfast. Yes! Bacon and eggs, my favorite.

"Hey mom. Ugh, first day of my new school. I have to make new friends all over again!" I groaned. I'm not so bummed on changing schools, the thing I'm bummed about is my friends. I've been going to school with my three best friends Daisy, John, and Madison since I was in second grade. The fact that I'm not going to be able to experience high school with them just made my heart sink. Yeah, I'll be able to see them on the weekends or even after school, but we all know what happens. Once you're in a different school and separated from your best friends, you become more and more distant. You'll eventually lose connection and never speak again. When we were in seventh grade we promised we would always be best friends no matter what. But people don't always keep their promises.

My mom shifted to one foot and put her hand on her hip, "you were always good at making new friends, so why would there be a problem now? Stop complaining and go to school."

Well then.

I grabbed my bookbag and made my way outside. I heard my mom call my name from behind me. "Kasey, do you need a ride to school or will you walk?"

"John said he would pick me up and take me," I called back.

"Ok honey, have fun in your new school and make a lot of friends ok?"

I nodded and hugged my mom goodbye. I walked outside and waited for John. I checked my phone and saw it was 7:57. I was supposed to be at school by 8:15. John where are you?

After a while of sitting there and almost falling asleep, I checked my phone again. 8:20. Where the hell was John? I searched though my contacts for his name and dialed his number. It went straight to his voicemail. Did he seriously just blow me off? On my first day of school! I got up from sitting on the steps and decided to walk to school. My butt and legs were numb from sitting down so long. This is so rude of John. How can he just leave me hanging like this?

By the time I arrived to school it was 8:30. Great. I'm late.

I walked in school and no one was in the hallways. Ugh, I'm so late. Since my mom and I already came to the school to check it out, I bothered to remember where the main office was. I walked in and recognized the assistant principal. He turned to me with the biggest smile ever. "Hey Kasey! You finally decided to show up, huh?"

My face turned bright red and I was filled with embarrassment. I hate John, I really do. "I-I'm sorry. My friend who was supposed to take me to school never decided to show up. So I had to walk." I looked down and was seriously about to cry. I know, I'm over reacting.

"Haha. that's ok. I'm just messing with you!"

Really. Now you say that you're just messing with me? Ugh.

"Oh... haha," I forced a fake laugh. "So um, where's my classroom?"

"Oh I'll take you!" The assistant principal, Mr. Scarper, put his hand on my back and took me to my classroom. I tried to remember where we walked so I don't have to ask next time. A sign on the door read, "SCIENCE". Mr. Scarper opened the door and we walked in. All the kids stared and me and looked at me like I had three heads. Here comes the embarrassment.

~

So, new book! How do you guys like it? Mind leaving a comment or maybe voting if you liked it? Thanks

:)