Chapter 11

Sakura had finally calmed down and the three teens stood in front of Yamato. It was obvious neither of the original Team Kakashi members liked Sai, but it didn't seem to bother the boy at all. Yamato sighed as he looked at the three with his arms crossed.

"Sai... I'll have to ask you to try not to provoke your teammates." Yamato said sternly.

"Sorry." Sai replied while still wearing his fake smile.

"Alright, as you know, I've been chosen to replace Kakashi on this mission and work with your team afterwards. My name is Yamato, now, introduce yourselves."

"Naruto Uzumaki." he said impassively.

"I'm Sakura Haruno." she said while glaring at Sai.

"My name is Sai." he said cheerfully.

"Alright, now I'll explain our mission." Yamato began. "The four of us will proceed to the Tenchi Bridge in Kusa, there we will intercept and capture the Akatsuki spy. This is our chance to find out more about Orochimaru and Sasuke. We can gain a valuable source of information which may lead to formulating a plan to assassinate Orochimaru and bring Sasuke back. So keep focused. We will assemble at the front gates in one hour. Gather your equipment and get ready."

The team then separated. Naruto wanted to go back to the Senju compound and check the armory, he always kept enough equipment in scrolls or seals on his body. Sakura did need to gather equipment however.

"Sakura..." Naruto said, getting the pink haired girl's attention. "Be careful of Sai."

"Huh, why? I mean, he's vulgar, but, why should I be worried about him?"

"If I'm right, he's a member of ROOT."

"ROOT?" Naruto crossed his arms and began to explain.

"They're a defunct branch of ANBU who were headed by a man named Danzo Shimura. Danzo believes all ninja should be emotionless tools and trained members of ROOT to be that way. They only took orders from him instead of the Hokage unless he ordered otherwise. Danzo's a war hawk, he's against the peaceful ways of Grandma Tsunade and the previous Hokage."

"So you think he's up to something?"

"Maybe, maybe not, still, better to be safe than sorry, right?" Naruto asked.

Sakura stood before Tsunade in her office. She had wanted to tell her how her first meeting with the new members of the team went.

"Sounds like he has quite an antagonistic streak in him." Tsunade noted about Sai. "Well, I'm afraid you guys will just have to bear with it for now."

"I know that, but..." She began, wanting to ask about what Naruto told her before she was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Enter." Tsunade said and Danzo opened the door and walked into the room. "Danzo... what do you want?"

'Danzo?' Sakura thought, remembering what Naruto had told her.

"You have assigned an elite ANBU to the team I trust, Princess Tsunade?" Danzo asked.

"I chose the person who stood out the most since the Third was in office." Tsunade replied.

"Excellent, but I hope he hasn't taken the Third's teachings to heart... that old man was always afraid of getting into disputes and making decisions." Danzo said and Tsunade glared at him but said nothing. "Like how your grandfather taught the Third, hmm? Anyway, I'm satisfied. I can rest easier now. Goodbye." The man said before he turned and left the room.

"That was Sai's superior, Danzo?" Sakura asked with a slight glare where the man had stood.

"Yeah. How do you know who he is?" Sakura turned to her mentor.