Chapter 3

It was early morning in Konohagakure. It was going on five months since Naruto and Jiraiya left and it was largely business as usual for the people of the Hidden Leaf. Tsunade had grown used to her new position as Hokage, which meant she wasn't found sleeping on her desk beside stacks of papers anymore. Of course, doing all that work didn't mean she didn't occasionally find time for distractions. Just as she was about to get out a bottle of sake she had managed to conceal from Shizune, there was a knock on the door.

Tsunade sighed to herself, her hand retreating from her hidden sake. She sometimes had to question why she took the job. That blond brat had gotten to her and while she had to admit it felt good to be back and she was happy to help the village, she didn't have to be Hokage to do that. Speaking of him, it was kind of dull without him around, less of a headache but still. In the short time she had known him he had become almost like a grandson to her, but between her paperwork, training Sakura and recently Ino as well it was not like she was bored.

"Come in." The door opened and a black haired woman from Konoha's Aviary came in holding a scroll.

"Lady Tsunade, we just received a message from Takigakure."

"From Taki?" Tsunade asked, wondering what they could want.

"Their requesting a few amendments to the alliance between our villages, trades and... well, look for yourself." The woman said. Tsunade took the scroll and read it. After a few moments, her eyes widened and seconds later she sighed. She would have to call a meeting of the council to discuss this.

An hour later, Tsunade sat in the conference room at the end of a long, plain table with the village's clan heads and the advisory council members.

"Let's begin." Tsunade said seriously, a slight frown on her face knowing they were trading a person, likely without said person's knowledge, but aware that Taki didn't have the resources to protect their Jinchuriki from the Akatsuki. "Earlier today, we received a messenger bird from Taki."

"From Taki? What do they want?" Homura asked with a furrowed brow. "Does it have something to do with Uzumaki?" They had all been surprised when they had heard of the boy's status as a hero in the village.

"No, although Jiraiya and Naruto arrived in Taki two days ago, this has nothing to do with either of them. They made requests of us. They wish for funds, aid and for us to funnel missions to them, among other things."

"I assume they've offered us something in return and are not merely wasting our time." Koharu asked.

"In return, they're offering us... the Nanabi Jinchuriki." Tsunade said and looks of slight surprise crossed the faces of everyone else in the room.

"...Troublesome." Shikaku said, his strategic mind, along with Danzo's having already figured out Taki's intentions. "... they don't want to defend their Jinchuriki from the Akatsuki, so they think that by giving us their Jinchuriki, not only do they protect themselves but they can request something in return while pushing the problem onto us."

"While I do not like the idea of being used so obviously, Konoha would gain another powerful weapon. Who is the current Nanabi Jinchuriki?" Danzo said.

"A 14 year old genin girl named Fu, we can have her leave with Jiraiya. She will benefit from his training and Akatsuki wouldn't attack any sooner than they would have before." Tsunade said.

"Should we really accept? We would make ourselves a bigger target for the Akatsuki, having two Jinchuriki." Choza said.

"We do not know if they can control the Biju or use them in some way aside from creating new Jinchuriki or not." Hiashi said calmly. "If they can, every Biju they gain increases their threat, to us and all villages."